Legal advise

My friend had taken BD 5000.000 (five thousand ) and had promised to pay end of this month , the money I paid was for improving his running business.
I took agreement duly signed in court and he had willingly given both his wife And his  pasport as surety outof which he took his pasport last month for renewal which is still with him.

Now he is asking me one more moth to return the Mony but I don't think he could as  I came to Know he borrowed Loans from else as well.

I seek your kind advise  as he is telling if I don't give his wife's pasport and move court he may force to  endup his life.

The Money I gave is outof
A Salary Loan taken  from standard chartered bank for a business .

Kindly advise  further proceeding  Am staying with family so i don't want to get into trouble. I paid him purely on humanitarian ground to improve his business that was running loss at that time .

You need to consult a lawyer and get proper legal advice - the kind that you pay for :)

From my standpoint, the passport retention is useless as surety for you now.   If you approach the court and file a case against him, he will be slapped with a travel ban and can't leave anyway.

I don't know what the agreement that you have looks and reads like so I can't comment.  But if it was an agreement which established a clear debt, repayment schedule and obligations and was executed / notarised in front of appropriate authorities; then yes, it is binding  and will allow you to institute legal proceedings.

Lastly, my apologies for jumping to conclusions but from all what you wrote, your "friend" seems like a fraudster and should not be trusted in anything he says now.

Thanks for advise . Yes the agreement was done in gosi complete in front of notory

Possible to recommend an advocate please who is affordable ?

Unfortunately most advocates that I have dealt have been from a work aspect i.e. on behalf of the company that I worked for.  They were very good but very expensive.   I am speaking of local firms like Tamimi and so on.   But they would be expensive for you.

I suggest to ask around your circle and maybe other members can recommend some as well.

Thank u so much

I runaway from airport last month..then I go embassy and agency..now my papers/visa is not yet ok...but they are processing it already...my boss reported me in police because of what I did..but I talk with them and gave me release paper...they ask a payment to my new boss..but now agency is telling me LMRA have to talk with us...new and old employer with me..im a housemaid..
I just want to ask...my boss gave me already released paper... ready to transfer my visa...medical is finished...do we still really need to meet in LMRA???

I can't say without knowing your specifics.  It could be that it's due to absconding case against you or it could be that you are being deported.  I don't know really.  You need to find out more details.

They just reported that I runaway and file a blacklist...but then I talk with them in front of the agent and they give me release..so do I still be having a problem on this thing ...or my new boss can make visa without any problem anymore..

No way to tell. They are asking you to come so perhaps that is the only way to do it.

oookkk....but why the agency/agent telling me we have talk in front of lmra officer...me,my new boss and old boss??

That's what I have already said above.  There is no way to know as I don't have all of the details of your case.  It could be that they want you to make sure of something re: runaway case, get a signature or it could be something more serious.   Go and see.

Ok thank you xtang...for giving time to my question...God bless..