Antigua vs suchitoto

Has anyone been to both places. How would you compare them. Suchitoto is also an old colonial town, but in El Salvador. I read it is visited by tourists but mostly from around el savador. Interested in knowing about nightlife, thing to do, restaurants, and safety. El Salvador has a dangerous rep, but suchitoto seems safer. But is it safer than Antigua?

Hello,
My wife and I visited Suchitoto about 5 years ago on our way back to Antigua from Costa Rica. We liked it. It was a pretty town, quiet. It had seen some terrible things during the war, and there was a peace memorial there. We went to a theater and watched a dance program sponsored by the French gov't . There seems to  be a special relationship betw Suchitoto and France. There is a lake outside of town that was attractive. There were a few restaurants and some ex pats, but still not lots going on at night. Suchitoto is not as high as Antigua and I think it will be a bit hotter. We liked it, but we have not been back. We have been going to Antigua now for 10 years