Bars/Nightlife in Saigon?

Just seeing where all of you spend your weekend nights :)

Been looking for some bars, not the biggest fan of the club/techno loud music type of places, but will go every now and then if the mood is right. Rather I'm looking for more of your relaxed sit down type, and be able to enjoy a conversation without screaming at the top of your lungs - live music is always huge plus.

Been to a couple, just seeing what everyone recommends - Thanks

I'd love to know also.  Only place I went with live music is Level 23 at Sheraton, but a bit loud and very pricey.

For me it doesn't really matter, I'm pretty easy going, but sometimes I need to take clients out so I need a pretty classy place where we can talk without having to yell.

HDang - what did a beer set you back at the Sheraton? A friend brought me to seventeen saloon - decent place with live music, but kind of cheesy music (entertaining if you're drunk) - half their songs were love ballads by Bryan Adams. Beers were just over 100,000 VND there I believe.

MZ is a good place to, great live music - lounge type atmosphere, but a beer there will set you back about 160,000VND. Is that the going rate for beer in Saigon or is that place just
on the higher side? That's the price of a beer in Vegas!

The average drink at the Sheraton was about 200,000 vnd.

Depending on the band playing that night, Level 23, can be more or less rowdy.  Usually in between the live sets the music is a decent volume and you can chat with your guests there.

I'd really only go there if it was international clients who were visiting for the first time or afraid to go more local... or if I was in the mood for a fruity cocktail.

Where is MZ?

Lots of places to choose from in the area behind Sun Wah Tower, between there and Pastuer street. Beer prices around 30,000-40,000 VND in regular, small bars with reasonable-volume background music (not live bands). That's why the beer and drinks are more expensive in the large bars like Seventeen - they have to charge more to pay for the bands. I could list many here, but I think it's better if you go over there on a weekend night and walk around and check the area out. It's also safer there than the Pham Ngu Lao area near Seventeen, although I have heard of women having their purses snatched - but that can happen anywhere one is not careful with one's possessions.

Thanks Saigonmonkey; I'll def have to check out that street.

HDang - MZ is located on Bui Thi Xuan Street, District 1. Downstairs they have a restaurant with live piano music (have yet to eat there) and upstairs is the bar

Please share the complete address of that place in Bui Thi Xuan.I live close to that place, so I guess i can walk in there on a weekend to treat myself.

Hey Anna it's located on 56-58 Bui Thi Xuan. Would you mind roughly telling me how much you pay for an apartment by there? I may be looking for something in that area

Why don't you try another place like Red drum in Ngo Duc Ke street, kinda unexpensive with happy hour everyday from 5 pm to 7 pm and live music on Friday. Or you can try a higher class with SAIGONBAR at 9th floor of Caravelle hotel, a band from Brazil perform everynight, quite great for nightlife... enjoy it

Cheers

JVo18 wrote:

Just seeing where all of you spend your weekend nights :)

Been looking for some bars, not the biggest fan of the club/techno loud music type of places, but will go every now and then if the mood is right. Rather I'm looking for more of your relaxed sit down type, and be able to enjoy a conversation without screaming at the top of your lungs - live music is always huge plus.

Been to a couple, just seeing what everyone recommends - Thanks

hello

Hi and welcome on the forum Tra Pham :)

Armand

JVo18 wrote:

Hey Anna it's located on 56-58 Bui Thi Xuan. Would you mind roughly telling me how much you pay for an apartment by there? I may be looking for something in that area

Thanks JV.I might visit that place after the holiday.As for the room, I am paying 250 for a small room with complete ameneties.

Thanks for all the input everyone. My intentions are always to bar hop, so that I could see whats out there, but I always end up at bars for way too long hindering my ability to discover new ones.

Thats a good price Anna, I'll have to see whats available next time I get the chance

Oh Anna, forgot to mention, not sure what kind of music you listen to, as they have different bands every night, but the nights I have been there include a great variety of Elton John, Beatles, Shania Twain, Eagles and some newer stuff including Rihanna and One Republic among others. They pick really good groups - not your average cover band, these people can really sing

JVo18 wrote:

Oh Anna, forgot to mention, not sure what kind of music you listen to, as they have different bands every night, but the nights I have been there include a great variety of Elton John, Beatles, Shania Twain, Eagles and some newer stuff including Rihanna and One Republic among others. They pick really good groups - not your average cover band, these people can really sing

I love country music.I love kenny Rogers and I think the artists youve mentioned are also ok except for the new artists which I really dont know.can u give me an idea who are the usual customers?Viet or Foreigners?Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Hey Anna, not sure if you would like it if you like country music. As for customers I would say equal mix of foreigners/Viet - maybe slightly higher percentage of Viet

vasco's on hai ba trung is great. great atmosphere.
o'brien's irish pub on hai ba trung is also great, but quite a bit more casual and relaxed. i have yet to see live music there.
sheridan's irish pub on le thanh ton is one of my fav.
la habana on cao ba quat is fun on friday/saturday night, but pretty boring on other nights

i'm in Pham Ngu Lao Street, can u tell me some place here, please

thorny_rose wrote:

Check out  :-

Thi Cafe
both on De Tham

Le Pub just around the corner is ok too.

laidbackfreak wrote:
thorny_rose wrote:

Thi Cafe
both on De Tham

Thank you. Can you tell me the adds? the number house?

thorny_rose wrote:
laidbackfreak wrote:
thorny_rose wrote:

Thi Cafe
both on De Tham

Thank you. Can you tell me the adds? the number house?

333 - is number 201 De Tham
Thi Cafe is on the opposite side of the road (I don't know the number sorry)

Le Pub is 175/22 Pham Ngu Lao ( website lepub.org/)

thorny_rose wrote:

thorny_rose is back in HCMC!!!!!!!!:D:D:lol::lol:

I thought you're coming to Singapore. I think I might have heard it wrongly.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

easy_saigon wrote:

Hi,

I want to inform you that Thi Cafe is located at 224 De Tham st, Dist 1. It was open around 1 month ago.

Cheers,

You're a Singaporean?

lostsouls wrote:
thorny_rose wrote:

thorny_rose is back in HCMC!!!!!!!!:D:D:lol::lol:

I thought you're coming to Singapore. I think I might have heard it wrongly.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ya, i'm in Sai Gon. I'm staying in 281_ Pham Ngu Lao, Dist 1. Yesterday, i had a meetting with Henrry.:D
This is the first time i come to Sai Gon. It's real very interest. THis morning, i go to coffee bar with my old friends.
@ easy_saigon: Thanks for you comment, i will go to there this night, maybe. i love Jazz music. ^^

easy_saigon wrote:

Hi,

I want to inform you that Thi Cafe is located at 224 De Tham st, Dist 1. It was open around 1 month ago.

Cheers,

Cheers Tony :-) Hows You ?

thorny_rose wrote:

[
Ya, i'm in Sai Gon. I'm staying in 281_ Pham Ngu Lao, Dist 1. Yesterday, i had a meetting with Henrry.:D
This is the first time i come to Sai Gon. It's real very interest. THis morning, i go to coffee bar with my old friends.

That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lostsouls wrote:
thorny_rose wrote:

[

Hi Lee, Rose is an awesome lady, speak well and very sociable.

If I am in Saigon now, I will go to pub with her.

easy_saigon wrote:

Hi,

One more interesting place for who loves jazz music: 28 Le Loi st Dist 1, Hcmc

Have a good holiday everybody.

Cheers,

Hi Tony, Thank you because this introduction. Last night, i went to there. It's a great bar. The music band singed and played guitar very well. And, everybody was real humor. But they singed rock more than jazz. :D  It's a interesting place ^^

henrylamcs wrote:
lostsouls wrote:
thorny_rose wrote:

[

Henrry, thanks, my nose is like a bomb preparing explosio because proud He he :proud:proud

henrylamcs wrote:

So you met her in person? She must be an extraordinary woman.....

I thought you're in Saigon?????

thorny_rose wrote:
henrylamcs wrote:
lostsouls wrote:

Henrry, thanks, my nose is like a bomb preparing explosio because proud He he :proud:proud

Dont worry, no matter how you blush, you still looks great.

lostsouls wrote:
henrylamcs wrote:

So you met her in person? She must be an extraordinary woman.....

I thought you're in Saigon?????

Yes, next time we go to Vinh city to visit her :)

I came back on last Friday to settle some issue, flying back on Wednesday.

henrylamcs wrote:

I would love to visit her & explore Vinh City...

Came back last Friday from??? Flying back to???

lostsouls wrote:
henrylamcs wrote:

I would love to visit her & explore Vinh City...

Came back last Friday from??? Flying back to???

Came back from HCMC to Singapore. Will be flying back to HCMC on Wednesday.

henrylamcs wrote:

You're in SG now??????

We should meet up for a chat before you go back

lostsouls wrote:
henrylamcs wrote:

You're in SG now??????

We should meet up for a chat before you go back

Hi Lee, my schedule is usually quite tight whenever I am back in Sg. You know, family time, personal issues, and this time round, some "additional issues" and also need to help coach my son exam.

There will bound to be opportunities in the future, no worries.

henrylamcs wrote:

Hi Lee, my schedule is usually quite tight whenever I am back in Sg. You know, family time, personal issues, and this time round, some "additional issues" and also need to help coach my son exam.

There will bound to be opportunities in the future, no worries.

Buddy, family is important. No worries. Fate will bring us together......:D

Hell, We'll meet in HCMC for beers la, better right? Cheap somemore.

henrylamcs wrote:
lostsouls wrote:
thorny_rose wrote:

[

I'm not blush ^^ Just next 1 day staying in SG. Tomorrow, at 6h pm i go back Vinh. This is a nice trip, will miss SG so much when i come back Vinh :)

thorny_rose wrote:

Just next 1 day staying in SG. Tomorrow, at 6h pm i go back Vinh.

Rose is that tonight(3rd) you leave?

laidbackfreak wrote:
thorny_rose wrote:

Just next 1 day staying in SG. Tomorrow, at 6h pm i go back Vinh.

Rose is that tonight(3rd) you leave?

yes, this evening, i come back Nghe An. I had 5 days in Sai Gon. It finish my holiday, tomorrow, i start to do work. I went to everywhere in Sai Gon. District 1,2,3,12, Binh Thanh, Tan Binh, Phu My Brigre, Hoa Vien restaurants, Dam Sen park, Suoi Tien Park, nice places around Sai Gon river,... I went to LePub, a nice bar near Duc Ba church( i don't remember the name ^^)and some other bar in disct 1. Special, i love 224 De Tham. I came there 2 night. It's real make me happy. Verry impressive :D Next time, if i come back SG, will come here again. summary, i had a great trip. ^^