Experience

Hi am suzan from kenya, am living in slovakia for 1year now, to say nothing is coming good in slovakia, don't getting jobs not good people not good communications, I really don't know I will say, but still have patience my be something good will come away.

Hi Suzan,

I am sorry about that. Where do you see as the biggest problem? Is it with the finding job without Slovak language?
Why do you think the people are bad?

Hi Sunday here niaje sis

Hey Suzan, We are not that multicultural like other countries. Therefore you need to learn slovak language to success if you wont find anything where you need just english language, but as you live in Martin i dont think that you will find something.

I kind of disagree with you Martin. Ive been living in Slovakia for almost 5 years. My Slovak language is limited but my qualification and work experience made up for my limited slovak. Im working as an engineer and found work quite easily, I live in Zilina.  Ive been offered other jobs in the same field all around slovakia. I think what it comes down to is your experience and qualifications and if the job strictly needs Slovak language.
But I will add one thing I do find that there is a sexism here that woman are classed lower and there is racial discrimination based on colour, not from everyone but it is quite apparent with people I have met.

Thank you buddy,but I can't say much about slovak now

So suzan have you been able to find any work yet

Yeah, you are right about the racial discriminations and add that person doesnt speak english then the possibility of finding job is two times harder. I think that it is in our slavonic genes to not admit multiculturalism and i am really sorry about that.

Hey my dear am ok don't worry....everything will fine with time

Ok....I will be ok lol just with time....

Hi Martin. You do not need to apologise for the way society is here. As I said its not everyone. But I must admit it was a bit of a shock when ive noticed it, apart from that the people I work with and know are great people and are willing to help me and have a laugh.  But its the same in Wales my wife is slovak the majority of people were really great and she got on with people but you always had the one that hates every natonality. so it everywhere.

Huw1981 wrote:

But its the same in Wales my wife is slovak the majority of people were really great and she got on with people but you always had the one that hates every natonality. so it everywhere.

Yeah, look at the Welsh and the English in the 1980s.

Within a year, 50 such arson attacks had occurred, with homes and caravans owned by those living in England the prime targets.

By the end of the decade, after damage to more than 200 properties, including several owned by Welsh Conservative MPs, one headline declared (albeit with some wobbly geography) “the Shadow of Ulster in the Valleys”.