Home furnishings

Am in the process of buying an apartment in fuengirola which will be let out for holiday let's but I need to furnish it and it looks as though Spain is much more expensive than UK in this area. E.g. the same sofa bed in UK is £130 but in Spain €300. Also ikea is more expensive than in uk. Can anyone recommend reasonable furniture or even second hand shops in this area or Malaga? It's looking like it may even be cheaper to buy here and drive down! Any help, contacts, ideas or advice much appreciated!

you want to rent and used s/h furniture?
Is that a good idea? The market is  demanding lace to earn your money. Places like Trip Advisor Homestay/away ..... are  full of critical reviews if your apartment is not quite up to standard.
I hope you are applying for your licence too.

Yes, don't worry it's all above board licence being sorted. I suppose it may be different in Spain but in England we can get fantastic second hand, upcycled or antique goods. I'm not talking old junk.  I'm also into interior design and quality. Is it not a possibility to mix the two in Spain?

Spain is not so cheap as one would expect. We have the most expensive electrity and gas prices in Europe, Second-hand cars are not cheap either. Insurance is not cheap, But house taxes are cheaper, eating out great value etc. Some how you have to find that balance.

Hello

I understand your frustration at not being able to find good second hand furniture. I've had the same problem myself! We opened at Bed and Breakfast and Art retreat a year ago and like you, was keen to find some nice old pieces to decorate the rooms with. There don't seem to be any cheap antique shops here or junk shops but if you ask around, I'm sure that someone will be know someone who has some old furniture to sell. Ask about house clearances, etc. In my experience, that's been the best way to find old furniture. Another idea is to maybe hire a van and drive to France. There are lots of places there to buy nice old stuff and at good prices too.
Or, go to one of your local Facebook group pages and ask on there. People are generally happy to help and advise on where to look or can point you in the right direction.
Good Luck with your new business and fingers crossed that you find some nice furniture.
Lottie