Moving to Lliria - advice, please!

Hello,

We are a couple in our early 50s planning to move from the UK to Lliria later this year and are now looking for property to buy. We are hoping to buy a three bedroom house with a pool and are hoping
for some suggestions about the area.
  Can anyone recommend a good urbanisation within walking distance of San Vincente park? An urbanisation with some other English speaking people, a bar/social club attached and a bus stop into town nearby would be ideal.
  There seem to be lot of properties on the market in Lliria, we just need some suggestions about the area, please.
  Any other advice or recommendations about Lliria would be very welcome too

Hi there, unfortunately I cannot help you with your question as I have just moved here myself. However, once here, if you feel like meeting up for a coffee / drink/ tapas etc, let me know. Its always nice to meet new people, especially that I don't know anyone here yet :(.
Im renting in Alboraya which is great because of the beach walks with my dogs). we actually drove around Lliria a while back when exploring the  property market. We are in the mid 50's.

Hi my name is Mick and we bought a place just outside Lliria in 2015 so know the area a bit we don't live out there permanently but are taking lots of 2 week breaks, we bought between Olocao and Betera just off thecv333, I used a company called a company called Lliria Invest who speak English and will take you around and show you the properties and also help out if you need advice there website is http://lliriainvest.com/ they could advise you about where you might find a good place to live with all your requirements, only thing is I haven't found a place where Brits hang out there have been a few places but they have closed down, there are Irish bars etc. but not to much english chat. anyway hope this helps

Mick

looks like the website link has been blocked if you need to find it do a search for lliria invest

Hi Mick,

Thanks for your advice. I've been looking at the website for Lliria Invest - seems really helpful. When we get out there next we'll make an appointment with someone from there.

David

Hi To everyone - Just starting the process of trying to buy a house near Lliria. I will keep you posted and maybe we could meet for a coffee - wish me luck

Hi CoagKev,

Me too .

Wishing you and me luck.

Hi Everyone

We are still looking to move to Lliria. Has anyone got any comments to say about the urbanizations of El  Romeral or San Gerado?. Many thanks

Hi Karen
That sounds like good fun. If all goes well we will meet for a coffee and a dog walk. Take care Kevin and Carol

Did you manage to buy a property in lliria, we have a holiday home just outside lliria between olocau and betera, it's a lovely area especially olocau x

Hooray - Property should be signed for by the end of September and then we will have the first week of October in wonderful Valencia - If anyone fancies a meetup that would be fantastic

Hi we've got a place just outside lliria between olocau and Betera as well, been there for 3 years, we come out for a couple of weeks at a time and will be over for a couple of weeks from 19/09/2018

Mick Mills

Sounds good fun do you fancy a catch up ?we should be over 30th sep to 7th oct

We bought a property through Lliria Invest near Vilamarxant. Vicente owns the company he took us to look at properties in May and he found the perfect property for us which is a finca in the countryside.  He even helped us find a car, sorted the insurance, water and electric for us. He couldn't have been more helpful and speaks good English. We are living here permanently and moved in just 3 weeks ago, so we are still settling in and meet up with some expats eventually.

Hello
We have bought in Xativa not to far from you. Did you just move out and sort out residencey when you are more settled. We are still in the UK at the moment but can't wait to be in your position one day. All the best
Karen

Hi, we bought a property in Pedravilla (between Olocau and Betera) last year and have just recently moved in. Will probably be doing some work in UK from time to time but this is now our permanent home.

Well, we've only gone and got ourselves a house in Lliria too.  Initially renting with option to purchase, (just while we test the water.)  Collect keys on 30th April, so very excited.

Does anybody know of anywhere local that we can buy a freestanding oven, (preferably electric.)  Our kitchen doesnt have one.  We have a look around Carrefour, Leyroy Merlin and a few other shops but couldnt find one.

Hi

I'm considering moving to Lliria with my family. Can anyone tell me whats its like in terms of expat community?

Thanks

Hello Llírians,

What's the train like into Valencia? Long old journey?

Tks hope someone's home or are u all in your swimmimg pools!?

@lipyeart 2 week ago got a villa naer the end of the summer we make the move to get in there.

Hello rdkater,

Welcome to Expat.com1f60a.svg

How can we assist you please?

Do not hesitate to ask your questions.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team