Container shipping

Hello,
In a couple months I will be shipping a 20' container with my household possessions. I have a bunch of hard plastic bins that stack very nicely. My question is can the bins be strapped to pallets and then pallet wrapped? Somewhere I have heard that you could not ship any wood products into Belize. Just wondering if the pallets would be a problem at customs. Also can anyone suggest a good broker that treated them right? 
Thank you, see you in the Cayo very soon.

True about wood products, like furniture, but not sure about pallets in containers. If you PM me, I can give you the name and email address of a customs broker. It's a guy used by a couple of people on this forum with good results.

you need a permission from BAHA to import wooden products
not for pallets or crates or your private household goods
there are many brokers at the port
choose locals who speak proper english

Thank you, that helps a lot!

Sorry for chiming in here but I have a question...

If it's not allowed to import any wood products then what about things like beds and sofas which all have some form of wooden frame which the bed or sofa is built on?

Also, how does getting permission from the BAHA to import wooden products work?

talk to BAHA

We moved furniture (including sofa and bed frames) to Belize by container in February of this year (2018) with no problem. Just had to give our broker the list of everything before hand and indicate what had wood in it and he got the permits.

Great information, thanks!

Thanks for sharing your experience @bmcraig, very helpful indeed.

Good to know I won't need to start buying furniture all over again. LOL!

If you don't mind sharing your broker's details with me, I'd really appreciate a referral.  If you were happy with them, chances are I'll be too.  PM me when you have a moment. :)

Cheers!