Temporary insurance on a Spanish car

Hi,

My name is Sophie. I'm travelling to Almeria for a week to visit my grandparents who live out there. I don't want to hire a car, as I'm not quite 25 yet it'll be far too expensive. My grandparents have an English car out there, which they've put Spanish plates on. It's very easy to get temp car insurance on English cars, but I'm struggling massively to find anywhere that does temporary insurance on cars with Spanish plates.

Does anyone have any advice on how I will be able to achieve this? I really will need the use of a car whilst I'm visiting.

Thank you in advance!

Are you sure that their existing policy doesn't already cover you?  If not, why not ask your grandparents to add you to there policy for the week you are there; probably be the cheapest method.

It's usually the car that is covered by the insurance rather than the driver but I vaguely remember that one of the standard declarations is that all the drivers will be over 26. So, as Cynic says, the best route is almost certainly through the existing insurance maybe with the need for an additional name.