Parking licence for a car with non dutch plates

Hello All,

I just rent an apartment in Heerlen, Nederlands but I don't have a parking place.

I was at the City Hall to request a parking licence on the street, in the front of my building.
The received answer it was: "we have the available parking places in your area, but we can't give you one becouse you don't have dutch plates on your car" :(
The people from City Hall was not very available to help and discousse about this particular situation...

From my side is a little bit strange becouse I am european citizen, I pay tax in Europe, but I can park in the Nederlands (in Europe).

On the street I saw for exaple a car with german plates and with parking licence from the same City Hall.

Heve somwone this type of experience with parcking licence from City Halls in the Nederlands.
Can somone give me some directions, what to do to obtein a parking licence from the City Holl in the front of my building.

Thank you.

Regards,
Gabriel

Never come across this; one thing I have come across when operating vehicles across the EU continent is that some computer systems don't like non-national licence plates.

I have heard of this in Austria. As for seeing cars with German plates, they could well be using a Visitors parking licence?

Just to add; there are 3 EU directives related to parking.  These are more aimed at provision for secure truck parking and a requirement to provide parking to facilitate growth.  Administration of car parking is not a matter for the EU and being an EU citizen does not give you the right to park anywhere in the EU; you have to comply with local (Gemeente in Holland) rules regarding parking and these differ from place to place.

Thanks for your feedback.

The car with german plates (from Mannheim) had a parking licence (issued from the same City Hall) under windshield with the same german plates written on it!

This it's in total contradiction with the feedback receivend from the local City Hall! :(

Are you in permanent resistance in Amsterdam? If you are you should and by law need to change your car number plates.

Thanks for your feedback.

The car with german plates (from Mannheim) had a parking licence (issued from the same City Hall) under windshield with the same german plates written on it!

This it's in total contradiction with the feedback receivend from the local City Hall! :(

Click a picture of parking license diplayed on the German car, with it's plate, etc and show it to the city hall officers, and ask if that car can get one, why cant mine ?

Ask them to show the (local) rules related to allocation of parking permits in that geemente.

You have to make sure the parking license displayed on the German car is for sure provided by the same town hall you are trying to work with :)

OP, no it is impossible to get a (permanent) parking license on a foreign plate. On your point regarding tax you assume to pay in Europe. That is not correct, at least not your income tax or tax on cars in holland (BPM).

You probably can get a temporary license for the car, if you plan to put it onto a dutch number plate. Otherwise won't work. More information can be found at RDW.nl