Marriage and Citizenship in Cape Verde

Hello very interesting post. I want to marry a cape verdean woman. But I am currently in japan and due to Covid restrictions I cannot travel there. Is any way to get married from here and get the citizenship and the passport from Japan?
It must be a way like consulate or agent. Thanks

yosegi21 wrote:

Hello very interesting post. I want to marry a cape verdean woman. But I am currently in japan and due to Covid restrictions I cannot travel there. Is any way to get married from here and get the citizenship and the passport from Japan?

@CVAngelo has stated before that at some point you will have to travel to CV to obtain the passport.  You must provide biometrics for the passport that, of course, can only be done in person. 

However, you raise in interesting questions. Theoretically, if an embassy or consulate were equipped to  collect that biometric data, then perhaps it would be possible. But I doubt that's the case.  @CVAngelo is the guy to ask. You may want to DM him if he doesn't reply here.

That's partially correct. Yes, at some point you must physically be present in Cape Verde. However, it turns out that it's not because of the biometrics but because, now, you MUST make the application for citizenship in person at the CV registry in Praia, Cape Verde. They have since allowed certain Embassies of CV to issue the biometric passports, so now, you do not have to be physically in CV to obtain the passport.

In conclusion, things have changed slightly but effectively remain the same - you MUST physically travel to Praia at ome point in order to apply for CV citizenship after marriage.

Angelo

popebop wrote:
yosegi21 wrote:

@CVAngelo has stated before that at some point you will have to travel to CV to obtain the passport.  You must provide biometrics for the passport that, of course, can only be done in person. 

However, you raise in interesting questions. Theoretically, if an embassy or consulate were equipped to  collect that biometric data, then perhaps it would be possible. But I doubt that's the case.  @CVAngelo is the guy to ask. You may want to DM him if he doesn't reply here.

Hello ms
I want ask you one question
I am from syria
Can i take a visa to visitor your country
Thank
I wish you reply me

Hello Stair,

Yes. You can visit Cape Verde as a tourist from any country. You do not need a visa in advance, but you must pre-register at the EASE website and comply with the requirements indicated there.

Regards,

Angelo

Stair Alkurdi wrote:

Hello ms
I want ask you one question
I am from syria
Can i take a visa to visitor your country
Thank
I wish you reply me

Hi Angelo, I Would love to know more information about marriage in cape Verde. How to contact You? Thanks

I have written a citizenship via marriage information kit. Contact me via private message and we can exchange contact details.

Cheers,

Angelo

Simonsi wrote:

Hi Angelo, I Would love to know more information about marriage in cape Verde. How to contact You? Thanks

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please only use English since this is an English-speaking forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Your question is, "how do I get a travel visa to Cape Verde?"

You do not need to have a visa to travel to Cape Verde. But you must pre-register for an eVisa on the Cape Verde EASE website.

Also, please post in English next time.

Regards,

Angelo

Redrose1982 wrote:

CV Angelo, I am a US citizen who after spending 3 months in Fogo will be returning to live there permanently. I also am planning to marry a Cape Verdean lady who I met and have this question: Should I apply for resident visa here from the states or wait until I marry and apply for citizenship from CV? Which makes more sense and would be the easiest and quickest?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Brad

Hi Brad,

You cannot apply for a residency visa from outside of Cape Verde. The law does not permit it because there are significant numbers of documents that are only emitted locally which you must submit with your residency visa application. Therefore, you MUST be physiically present to obtain most of those documents, and to make you application, in person.

You can only apply for a tourism visa from outside of Cape Verde via the EASE eVisa website, and the tourism visa is only emitted upon arrival. But you probably already know this part.

Furthermore, getting citizenship via marriage in Cape Verde is not a simple matter because of the documents you must bring with you, plus the process is really a combination of 3 sub-processes: marriage, nationality applicatiom, passport application. The first two sub-parts are complicated because of all the steps that are involved.

Which option is easiest and quickest - apply for a residency visa in Cape Verde, or get married in Cape Verde and apply for citizenship? Interestingly, you are  the very first person who has ever asked this question, and now that I think about it, I cannot actually give you an accurate answer. They are both not particularly easy - you will need help for either process - nor is either option particularly fast. I know folks who have waited longer for residency that citizenship, when I would have thought that residency should be faster. There are two different sets of mumbling, bumbling, bureaucrats involved in these two processes, so it's hard to answer with any degree of certainty or even confidence. Suffice it to say, that if you are patient and do it correctly, you will surely achieve the objective...but SLOWLY!

The problem you will have is that the locals think they know everything even though they've NEVER had any experience with the things they claim to know. Don't trust anyone who claims to know what to do but who has never done it. All they want is your money, and undeservedly so. I've been helping foreigners with both of these processes for years. If you would like to engage my services, let me know in a private message.

Best regards,

Angelo

bostonbrad wrote:

CV Angelo, I am a US citizen who after spending 3 months in Fogo will be returning to live there permanently. I also am planning to marry a Cape Verdean lady who I met and have this question: Should I apply for resident visa here from the states or wait until I marry and apply for citizenship from CV? Which makes more sense and would be the easiest and quickest?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Brad

Thank you Angelo for your quick response. Yes, I would like to obtain more info from you but cannot figure out how to send you a private message.

Click the message icon at the top right corner of the screen. There are 5 icons there. It's the leftmost. I will send you a message.

Or just click my picture in this post and then select, "Send a Message".

Cheers,

Angelo

bostonbrad wrote:

Thank you Angelo for your quick response. Yes, I would like to obtain more info from you but cannot figure out how to send you a private message.

Your straight forward honesty Angelo is remarkable in this age of ambiuguity kind regarsd
BWills

Thank you so much

I am from Bangladesh I wan to know is possible  to get passport after get married ,but how I find a girl to get mirage for shot time and how day to need get passport also how much coast

I'd also like information on how to authenticate documents so they will be accepted in CV

You should have your documents apostiled. If you are in EU or US, that's typically sufficient.

girlgotmoxie wrote:

I'd also like information on how to authenticate documents so they will be accepted in CV

Hello CVAngelo,

Where can I buy your e-book ?

Regards

Hello Saxio,

eBook? About what? I provide an eGuide about relocation to Cape Verde. If you're talkig about citizenship, I provide an information kit!

Angelo

Saxio wrote:

Hello CVAngelo,

Where can I buy your e-book ?

Regards

Hi,

Ok, the eguide then…

Regards

Hi To All

Who did eventually did got the Cape Verdean citizenship through marriage share your experience guys and did Angelo helped you guys obtaining it

Regards

Who knows Angelo or meet him in personal

Any reason you're asking?

Do you know him , He claims he have helped a lot of expats obtain Cape Verdean through marriage but no one can verify he's claims

I've never met Angelo but he's given me a lot of advice for free! I trust what he says and I'm sure if you ask him he can provide people to verify his claims! If you look through all these conversation threads he gives a lot of advice about everything Cape Verdean!

It's funny how people are always happy to receive help and advice but but will never support them when the time comes! But it maybe that they are no longer part of this group!

Guys if you've had help from Angelo comment here!

I didn't use him but it wasn't that hard. Getting married here is a pain in the ass and required 4 or 5 visits the the registery in praia . My wife's sister married on another island to an American and it was easier they said.

I'm American you need your documents translated to portuguese they did it for me but charged me 100 usd. Birth certificate divorce and free to marry. You can do that one by your state or just get the apostille service to give you a paper says you free to marry. Or a state check that shows divorced or never married.

To file for citizenship they will give you the requirements criminal record us and here.. that one you get in same building and takes 2 days. I had them apostille and translated they gave me back my original Birth and criminal and just kept the translations . The translations where apostille too. I used a service they mailed them to me here. I already had the documents.

When I married they kept my birth certificate you could certify a copy downstairs but I had 5 copies of my birth certificate anyway so I just let them keep it. When I went to get a new one it was just 2 usd per extra copy so got 5.lol

When I married they kept my birth certificate you could certify a copy downstairs but I had 5 copies of my birth certificate anyway so I just let them keep it. When I went to get a new one it was just 2 usd per extra copy so got 5.lol

I believe that Angelo could be a scammer .None came forward from the expats he claims he have helped , No one knows him or meet with him in personal , Scammers tend to be very convincing

@CVAngelo  Hey CV Angelo how are you Doing? I'm hoping fine.  I wanted to ask you a quick question concerning getting married & acquiring citizenship in cape verde. My question is what are all the documents that will be needed from me to be married to a cape verdean citizen & to become a citizen of Cape Verde myself?

@CVAngelo  Hey CV Angelo how are you Doing? I'm hoping fine.  I wanted to ask you a quick question concerning getting married & acquiring citizenship in cape verde. My question is what are all the documents that will be needed from me to be married to a cape verdean citizen & to become a citizen of Cape Verde myself?

- @mulagetta7

Hi Mulagetta7,

You made me smile! It took me several years of hands-on experience to acquire the in-depth knowledge necessary to answer this "quick" question.

In other words, the answer is by no means quick. So much so, that I've had to write a 5-page guide to answer the inevitable questions about the documents required from you (those you must bring with you and those you will need to obtain locally here in CV) and the complete description of the process for marriage, citizenship and passport.

In addition to documents, this guide details every element involved in the process from end to end, including where you need to go, at what point you need to go, what you need to provide, how much you will pay, how long it will take to get each required document, and what you need to do with it. In other words, it is effectively a do-it-yourself guide.

Contact me via private message for further details.

Cheers,

Angelo
I am making this post to inform everyone who has previously posted on this topic or who simply has any future interest in this topic that on Friday, 24 june 2022 (i.e., last Friday), the Cape Verde parliament revised the current law regarding acquisition of CV citizenship.

While the entire public debate was regarding adding a new provision to the law to provide a pathway to citizenship via investment, there was a single mention in a single news report that they have extended the waiting period for citizenship via marriage to 5 years. I could find no other reference in any other news reports regarding this. Furthermore, it will take weeks or even months before the final law is signed by the President and published in the official public bulletin.

On the other hand, it is certain that the law contains a new provision for a pathway to citizenship via investment.

Still, I cannot confirm any of the details of the law until it is published. This includes details regarding the invesment pathway (criteria of investment required).

I will update the forum with an overview once the official revised law is published. Meanwhile, I would advise anyone interested in becoming a citizen via marriage to not proceed unless you are prepared to wait 5 years for citizenship and you are confident that you can remain married for 5 years.

Finally, if anyone is instead interested in becoming a citizen via investment, please send me a private message so that I can provide you with a notice once the law is published.

Cheers,

Angelo
Can I get more Information about marriage in cape Verde please help me about it
Thanks
Respected Sir
Can I get more information about marriage in cape Verde
Thanks regards
Mr Malik
Respected Sir
Can I get more information about marriage in cape Verde
Thanks regards
Mr Malik
- @fatehmuhammad497

What exactly is it that you want to know?

@CVAngelo I send you private message

Ola CVAngelo! Do you have any contacts, lawyers or wedding planners, that you can recommend to help with obtaining a marriage license for two non-caboverdianos that want to do a destination wedding in CV? Muito obrigada, Eunice

Ola CVAngelo! Do you have any contacts, lawyers or wedding planners, that you can recommend to help with obtaining a marriage license for two non-caboverdianos that want to do a destination wedding in CV? Muito obrigada, Eunice
-@aedsubs

Hi Eunice,

Please note that Cape Verde is not a common destination for fancy weddings, so it may not be possible to find a wedding planner. We don't have wedding planners here. Plus involving a lawyer in such a process will cost thousands of unnecessary dollars in expenses. No-one uses lawyers to get married here.

Getting a legal marriage done in Cape Verde involves a lot of bureaucracy, arcane documents, translations into Portuguese, etc, and can take weeks to get through. In addition, you're aware that almost no English is spoken here? Will you and your guests be able to cope with these huge cultural differences?

So my advice, is to do a symbolic wedding here in CV (contact the hotel or resort you plan to stay at and no expensive lawyers or bumbling bureaucrats will be needed), then return to your own country and do the real, legal marriage there maybe in a small civil/church ceremony (no guests needed, only witnesses). You could also do the real marriage before coming to CV for the symbolic, destination wedding.

Or if you want a tropical destination where they are experts at destination weddings, then head to the Caribbean (Bahamas, Jamaica, etc) where they do hundreds of them. Destination weddings are not a thing here in CV.

Does this makes sense to you?

Cheers,

Angelo

@CVAngelo thanks for providing such information about cape verde citizenship!
let me know that a none citizen of cape verde married man can get another marriage with a cape verde citizen girl?
thanks

Please do not leave your personal contact info in your posts.

To answer your question : it is illegal for a married man to get married again before being divorced! It's really strange that you would even ask such a question.

You might want to explore a different topic.

Angelo