Where to live in bulgeria

Hi am.coming in march to check out where to live ..any recommendations ..not to isolated close to some town or village ..in good energy ..am coming to be self sufficient ..but please if you can recommend my an area I'll appreciate some direction
Thanks paula

Hi Paula,

What brings you to Bulgaria? And what areas have you explored so far?
Will you be bringing family with you? There are so many beautiful parts in Bulgaria that it's difficult to know where to start! How close do you need to be to an airport? Also, at what point will you be making the "final move"? Are you just looking for a house to renovate in March?

Hi Jules hi  .am going to look in march ..I will be coming to bulgeria to live hopfully in the next year or two i have some probleml with custody of my kids ..so it depends ..when i will actually live permanently the plan is to come with my girlfriend ..as we have ideas to open a retreat Centre ....yes and the more research I do the more it becomes more wider I would like to be an hour or so for airport to travel to my kids here in isreal ..a couple a times a year ..also the budget is tight so am looking gor any help possible

Hi Jules I want to come to bulgeria for a better lifestyle am English from liverpool but been living in isreal for twent years ..well long story but I want out of isreal england is to expensive for me and I just want an easier self sufficient life am a holistic therapist ..working at the moment as Waldorf kindergarten teacher need a change and get out of this stressed country ..start to travel again  ..and make a change ..

Hi there,

It looks like you are going to travel throughout Bulgaria for some time :)) it is no easy to select where to settle.

Actually, based on your info here, probably you will feel best in a small town/village, away from the big urban lifestyle.

Many places in Bulgaria fit this criteria ..

If you plan to work, especially as a holistic therapist, then probably some SPA resort will suit you - Hissarya, Sapareva Banja, Kiustendil, Starozagorski bani ...

Also some mountain resorts will do, if you like mountains. Check Smolyan, Samokov, Dobrinishte, Chepelare, Shipkovo, Shipka, Troyan, Teteven, Berkovitsa, Bratzigovo

If planning to work as a kindergarden teacher, then focus on some of the big cities, or rather on the villages around. Such cities are Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna.

Better plan to live in a small village or town, than selecting an isolated place. This is not a good choice at least for the past 20 years and the next 10. You will have transportation problems, water/electricity supply problems, security issues, lack of neighbours is somewhat depressing too.

Wow thankyou  very much ..