Work or Internship for Medical Technologist in Netherlands

Hi! Im planning to get an internship or much better, a work in Netherlands as Medical Technologist. And Im currently working and residing here in Abu Dhabi, UAE. I just want to ask the steps on how to process and what papers to process? Thank you 😊

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

At the top of the page is a link to our Handy Tools section; if you select that, you'll be able to access our Expat Guides that may help you plan your journey.

Your profession is not regulated in the EU, so you can work anywhere that recognises your qualifications and you can get a work visa and a job.

You need to go through MVV first (I've seen your other post asking about that); in the meantime, start contacting the companies that can use your speciality and get your CV to the agencies that place your kind of work.  There is a Job section at the top of this page, that may also help you find work.

I'd also advise you to start learning Dutch, not only do you need it for the MVV process, but it will make job seeking a lot easier.  If you're looking to work in a customer facing type of job, then good spoken Dutch is absolutely essential.

Once you've checked out our Guides, if you have any further specific questions, please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi! Thank you for the reply, would you suggest me to search for work online first before proceeding with the exam? Thank you very much!

franciscotins wrote:

Hi! Thank you for the reply, would you suggest me to search for work online first before proceeding with the exam? Thank you very much!

I would certainly be putting the feelers out there to see what kind of work I could get, where it would be, would I like to live there, can I afford to live there.  The internet and the agencies (uitzendbureau) are the best places to start that won't cost you money.