New members of the Singapore forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

thank you beppi

Hello Everyone,

EP approved!!!

I would be moving to Singapore on September 10th. Looking forward to see you all.

Best of luck for those who are waiting for EP approval.

Thanks,
Kumaresan P

Hi everyone! I'm Dara. I got a job offer in Singapore while I was visiting last July 2018. I went home to Philippines a week after. Now I am still waiting for my pass to get approved. I have a total of 6 yrs experience and graduated with a bachelors degree. According to my research, the company needs to post the job position to allow local talents to apply. After weeks of checking online, the position is now closed. I called HR yesterday and I was informed she will then submit my application - but I cannot find the status online. Also, my passport is expiring on June 2019 - which will affect my pass validity. I am just hopeful that this will not be a reason for my pass to get rejected.

Any words of advice?

I am hoping for the best!

Good to meet everyone here. :)

It takes couple of days to a week before MoM system can update your application status report online. So, you can check when they applied online. Secondly, employer should have S pass quota before applying a new one. Your employer must be aware of.

Your passport expiry has nothing to do with your work pass approval as any time you can renew it (6 months prior to its expiry). No advice, rather suggestion that have patience and wait for your pass approval as it may take few weeks to few months. Good luck

Thank you Surya.

Looking forward to be living in Singapore soon.  :)

Hi Everyone,

I am South African and am working toward moving to Singapore! I would very much appreciate any advice that anyone has in terms of finding a job, EP and anything else.

Cheers,
Marius

Marius: My main advice to you is be respurceful about yourself finding the information you need!
Expecting to be spoon-fed will certainly NOT lead you to fulfillment of your dreams.
Your post above, asking very general questions which were already discussed in much detail on this forum and elsewhere, does not indicate you understand this yet!

Hello Katy

John Perry, if you want to post your query or share any information, then write in a proper way. Don't spam here, you may be banned. This is not a chat message site.

I have hidden all your post, except the above one. Thanks

My apology Sir as I am just new here... trying to meet more expat... sorry

Update on my application: The company dropped the application. According to them, the application was not accepted in the system. They asked an agency to help them but to no avail. They said my application was never really processed because my details did not pass the assessment prior to the submission. This I did not understand. The company said that they did all they can do to make it. I also clarified with them that this is not a problem on their Spass quota.

What is this assessment prior to the submission of application? The HR said MOM did not provide any reasons why I failed. The company offered me a salary of 2500 as a Software Engineer and I have a total of 6 yrs of experience. Could this be a reason? I am also worried that my passport validity (expires on July 2019) is also a factor for it getting declined.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you as always.

Did you try to input your information in SAT (available in MoM site)? If it shows you are not eligible to apply S pass then there is no point to try in the system.

Secondly, looking at your experiences and offered salary, if SAT shows that you can apply S pass, then I'm 100% sure your pass will be rejected, cause your salary is way below to the market standard.

With 6yrs of experiences in IT, your salary should have been around $6k, if not more. Good luck

Prior to application submission, only a very quick check is done whether the submitted documents are complete.
There is no evaluation of salary - and your passport validity also plays no role here.
I suppose it was the employers fault - something obviously wrong with their application. Try again with another one!
However, your salary should be substantially higher then: with a degree and six years experience, you should get double of what they offered you!

Hi all,
My name is Waseem and I am from Mumbai . 2 weeks ago I moved to Singapore and now trying to settle down. Hoping a great future ahead

Thank you so much surya2K and beppi for your inputs.

Yes, I have tried checking my SAT using the salary and position they offered me and it exactly said I am not likely to be granted with neither Spass or EP. But, I trusted the HR hoping they could do something about it so I waited. I guess they were not interested enough to bring the salary higher for me to get granted.

I am just relieved knowing that the most probable cause is the offered salary and not my passport validity. I will still keep on trying until I get the right job for me.

You responses were highly appreciated. You helped a lot. Thank you!

As I said in my earlier message, if SAT shows that you are not eligible for S pass and EP, then MoM System will not allow to do so. MoM system is upgraded version of SAT, which will filter the complete information and at the time of submission, if the minimum criteria are not maintained or fulfilled then it will throw an error. I think that's where your employer was unable to submit your application online. But, I'm surprised how come they didn't aware of this.

Even you can try to play with SAT by increasing your salary to above $3600 or so, you'all see SAT will advise you are eligible for S pass and EP (if your graduate degree is recognised at MoM selected list). Good luck

Surya is right: If the SAT says you are not eligible, then your employer's application will be immediately rejected by MoM.
That is the most likely explanation for whet happened to you. I am surprized the employer did not know this!

Hello, i'm trying to get a job in singapore and i don't know how to make it.
Can you please help me.

Did you go through various open threads where we have discussed in details on how to search jobs? Good luck

Below link can help you:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=804667

Thank you so much surya2K and beppi for all the information.
I will just continue looking for jobs and hope for the best.

Welcome friends

My name is James, I'm mid level fullstack programmer from Poland, but after my trip to Asia 1,5 year ago I really want to work and live in SG. I hope there I can find new information about how and where to apply for a reliable company

Looks like because of my experience but lack of degree (I have only IT technician Diploma) i can apply for S-Pass visa, but I don't know where to find a companies or helpfull communities to make some contacts. Really - That's my dream and I trying to do anything, but still no luck. :/

Hi!

I am Maria Tang. I have moved from Vietnam to Singapore since last June. I am but an old woman with little technology knowledge.

Nice to meet you. Regards,

Hi,

Gil here. I'm new in this site but been here in Singapore for 12 years. I'm from the Philippines.

Nice to meet you all.

Sir, I am interested to move Canada, pls can help as thanks, I am working in Singapore construction field, thanks

Nagarajan: There is a Canada forum and your question is better placed there than here!

are you a Singaporean Citizen who wanted to go to Canada?

Hello am planning on visiting there next month, how are the chances of one getting a job? Thank you.

MaJamie wrote:

Hello am planning on visiting there next month, how are the chances of one getting a job? Thank you.

You cannot work as a visitor and, unless you stay for several months, it is unlikely that you find a job, get a work visa and start work without having to return home in the meantime.

Hello evryone! Im new here and Im planning to move to Singapore on December. Hope meet you guys there!  🙂

Welcome to Singapore and Singapore forum.

Hi everyone,
This is Heather Tan from Singapore. I am a licensed real estate agent from ERA Realty. Ping me if you need any housing information in Singapore and I will be delighted to share. Check out my listing on the housing section....
cheers,
heather :)

Hi all,

Discovered this site while searching for info regarding e pass application duration.
I am a Malaysian whom got job offered and application been submitted on 30 Oct, hopefully all is well and I can start my new life in Singapore soon!

KS

Hello everyone,

I am Tirta from Jakarta, Indonesia. I recently moved to Singapore this past few days. I work as an engineer in HP Inc.

I dont have a lot of friends yet and it starts to get a little lonely here. Hopefully in time i'll find a way to join a community or just find couple of good friends to hang out with.

I dont really enjoy talk about work. My interest are movies, tv shows, boxing, mistery novels, and I love specific kind of musics. Well, see you around then.

Cheers!

Hi everyone, I'm Gladys here. Been in Singapore for more than 9months. Pretty hectic life over here..
Would like to catch up on some activities that expat would like to do here or meeting some new friends to share their life experiences.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=830332

Thanks!

Closed