New members of the Norway forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Norway forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Norway if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hey Julien,

My partner Samme and I just bought a flat in Norway. We intend to move in June. Samme will be artistic and general manager of Dansens Hus while I am a consultant for Software use Arts Centres and small companies. We are thrilled to move! If you like to know anything more, just ask :)

Warm regards,
Wim

Hello,

I am a eager student looking for an unskilled job in the summer from June to August. I love to work with my hands, meet new people and visit awesome places. I can work as a waiter, kitchen porter, fruit picker, house keeper or ski attendant. Maybe you can help... :):):)

Hi there.  Your fiance should be able to guide you through everything. My husband handled all the paperwork for us.  It just took one visit to the Tax Office in downtown Bergen and then I was registered at his address and had a ID/NIN/SSN.  Good luck.

Hi guys  :cheers:
My name is aayush dubey. I had been working for about 3 years as project engineer for Honeywell automation. Im currently handling Madhya Pradesh Police City Survillence project. Madhya Pradesh Nicknamed the "Heart of India" due to its geographical location in India, Madhya Pradesh is the second-largest state in the country by area. Bhopal is my home town and it is called Land of Lakes.
The Madhya Pradesh government along with Honeywell Automation launched its first city Surveillance project. It had been such a wonderfull experience to work for the development of my home town. I worked on more then 800+ sites throughout Madhya Padesh. Now my project is over. Im looking forward to set sail for my next new experience. I had always admired norway and i just hope that my dream of finding a good job in Norway come to life very soon.

Hi there,

Hannah here, moving from England to Oslo later this year! I'm planning to study Norwegian properly once I'm there but trying to get a bit of a head start at the moment. As a typical Brit my language skills are pretty poor, but hoping to make some more progress once I'm there!

Looking forward to getting to know some fellow expats in Oslo and hear about your experiences!  :)

Hi!
I am a Latvian-born student looking for a chance to go to Norway with Au Pair.
Have visited Oslo and Kristiansand multiple times but would love to see Bergen or more of the central region. I would like to meet new people who could share their experience and advice regarding life in Norway.
I have studied Norwegian on my own and want to keep studying it before I get proper courses.
If you want to trade experience stories or just share some information regarding Au Pairs in Norway, I'd love to hear from you.

Hi there.I had been looking for help for awhile now and i feel glad to be on this site.
I just got married to a Norwegian last Feb.2 ,2018 but I had to go bacl here in the Philippines because i was on a tourist visa.2 days after I came back I submitted my documents following the checklist from UDI at VFS Global.My husband does not work anymore and he lives with his pension. I did not include pictures because i didnt knew then if I should.I was told to wait for my visa for at least 4 months to a year.
I just want to know if its ok to call the norwegian embassy here in Manila to inquire about the status of my visa. Is it also possible to submit pictures now as it seems very significant consideration?Do you know of a number which I can call at the Norwegian embassy here to inquire about my application?Also,we are planning to register our marriage here but as I heard it is much easier in Oslo,is this true?
It has been a few weeks agonizing wait now and i really miss my husband.I hope you can help me.
Thank you so much.

Greetings,
My name is Samantha and I moved to Trondheim four days ago on a working holiday. I am from Australia and would like to improve on my Norwegian skills and meet new people.
Looking forward to getting to know some fellow expats in Trondheim!

Hi folks,

The name's Tom - am 28, originally from England but have been in Scotland for 9 years and moving to Oslo in mid-September!

I speak fluent Norwegian, but have never lived in the country, so I hope to use this site to find some friends and ask some questions!

Thanks!

Hi im ruby from mauritius new in this forum to ask help n info so i can go to my lover in norway .im from mauritius divorce n i fall in love with a pakistani man live in norway around 3 yrs .his working in norway .but how we can proceed to meet n marry there any info or details kindly please reply me i need ur help peoples in forum thank u.im alone since 11 yrs now n in love 6 months .any info can contact me on my email direct if u want [email protected] reply here no prob please help me all.lovely peoples here .

Hello!

I am glad I found you all. I need good, sound advice on how to find safe affordable housing for my daughter who has just been hired by The Norwegian Ballet Company. Close proximity to the Opera house would be great! I see many expensive "aparthotels", but surely there must be an insider's way of finding good options?

Thank you,
Nadine

Hi all!

I'm Jeff, from eastern Canada. My wife and I will be relocating to Trondheim in approx. 1 month, so long as our residency cards arrive soon. We're super excited for the new adventure. I had a couple of questions for you all:

1) How expensive is furniture in the city? We're relocating with our cat, and understand that finding a fully-furnished place that is pet friendly will be difficult (although we have an agent helping us find a place). But looking at the up front costs of relocating and renting a place, we'd like to know a bit more about additional expenses that we might incur up front.

2) I'm a Type 1 diabetic - how hard is it to find a doctor? Luckily we'll be residents and my employer informed me that health coverage for prescriptions will not be an issue, but I'll need to find a doctor ASAP.

3) Is there recreational hockey in the area? I'm a typical Canadian... :)

Looking forward to chatting with some of you!

Cheers,
Jeff

hi im lwrence from  philippines working as an au pair hre in norway and currently got married to a norwegian and hopping i could get some tips on applying for a family reunification visa. glad to har a lot from you who have experience of it

Right... so... i fly out tomorrow to be with my wifey. And i'm freaking out/breaking down/occasionally sobbing. It all sounds so easy on paper but it never is. Good thing is she's waiting for me on the other end. Bad thing is, my two cats are on this end and can't come with me on this trip. Worse thing is everything else is up in the air - the visa stuff and the stuff and the other stuff. So this is just me saying hi. I guess. Hi.

Hi all

Am moving to stavanger soon...in 2 months...i work for an oil major and have been living all around the world.  Am looking forward to the next chapter of adventure...i am visiting in 2 weeks time to get to know the city before i move. Would love to say hi to anyone who is around

A...

Hi there...how did the move go...any tips for folks coming to stavanger?

Parameswar from India, moving to Oslo early June. IT professional .working with one of the Indian IT companies

Hi all
I come from Vietnam, a beautiful tropical country. I worked as a investment consultant (stock, business matching). Now I move to live in Oslo,Norway. I want make more friend and find more opportunities for work. I am confident in the knowledge of Vietnam market, Vietnam company (specific in investment, buy stake, consultant and choose right local company for matching)

Hi,

I am Tapan from India. Not quite new to Norway,but still would like to make new friends as i didnt quite made much friends yet.Quite busy work life. By the way i am from India. Currently working in Drammen.Software Engineer by profession. Came for short term. But would love to make friends and groups and explore the beauty of norway.

Cheers!

I've been living in Norway for three years and it feels like getting a friend here is so difficult. People are so reserved and shy..

Hi,

I'm Andy. Just moved to Oslo from the US to start a PhD here. Loving Oslo so far and looking forward to exploring more of this beautiful country :)

Hi am from Gambia now living in Oslo am looking for a job

Hello,

I'm little girl who will always visit Norway for 3 months to meet my partner of life.
I'm looking for any volunteer that I can help while I'm staying there.

I'm also planning to move to Norway. I'm studying Norwegian .
Everyday in Norway is so cool, I love the nature and people there are so nice.

So I wish I can do something good for there like being volunteer.

Oh, I forgot that I was high-school teacher for a year - I was an English teacher.

Don't know what to say - Nice to meet you guys here.

Have a very great day : )
Zarizuwan

Hello,

I'm little girl who will always visit Norway for 3 months to meet my partner of life.
I'm looking for any volunteer that I can help while I'm staying there.

I'm also planning to move to Norway. I'm studying Norwegian .
Everyday in Norway is so cool, I love the nature and people there are so nice.

So I wish I can do something good for there like being volunteer.

Oh, I forgot that I was high-school teacher for a year - I was an English teacher.

Don't know what to say - Nice to meet you guys here.

Have a very great day : )
Zarizuwan

I am from India. Got a job offer in NTNU Gjovik. Willing to move there by the end of July.

My name is Moh'd Idrisa Haji; I am a Tanzanian, man, aged 33 years old. I would like to find a Institution, College or University where I will teach Kiswahili subject in Norway. I have completed Degree of Masters of Arts in Kiswahili in this year 2018. I have completed my B.A with Education, Kiswahili and History as a major subject in 2011 and Diploma in Language with Education in 2007. I have experience of teaching Kiswahili subject in District High School in Zanzibar about seven years.

Dear Friends/colleagues,

I am Aasoori, citizen of India. I will be moving to Oslo in August/September and I'm going to work as a Research fellow in Oslo university hospital.

I'm excited for this opportunity and motivated for such a big move after some decent effort to get to this stage.

Hope, this step brings me some handsome future prospects after my successful completion of PhD.

I will be happy to make friends and enjoys meaningful conversations, likes to keep my own space but socializing guy though. Likewise, I felt Norway is a best option in this time frame in this piece of my life journey.

Thanks for creating this thread which helped me to introduce myself and looking forward for good connectivity.

Best,
Aasori

Hello, my name is Yadira and I am a Mexican citizen.

I've been hearing a lot of good things about Norway and it really got my attention (my husband's also) he is a pediatric pathologist and  we would like to know all about the steps needed for him to get a job there.

Thank you so much for reading me.

Have a wonderful week.

Yadira.

Hi everybody,

I am from Abbotsford, B.C., Canada and I'm looking to work in Norway for one year as a English teacher or any type of teaching job. Any other Canadians on this forum?

I am Nyarko Darlington, a fresh graduate with a bachelor's degree in computer science. I would love to take advantage of the tuition-free master programmes in Norway but the problem is the 119,000NOK I have to transfer when I get admission.
can anyone help me as to how to go about this?

Hi all,

I am Yash from India and planning to Move to Norway on work Visa, I have few questions regarding Visas and Work Culture so please let me know where can I get help for that.

Thanks

Hey everybody,
               I am moving from the United States to Norway. My family reunification permit was approved not long ago--we will fly back to Norway soon (within a week's time!)

I currently study online and hope to transfer to an English language program in a Norwegian university once I conclude my courses. I don't know much about Norway, but look forward to learning the language and the country's history.

I look forward to reading others' thoughts and experiences, as well as sharing my own, in order to make some new friends along this exciting journey.

Hi all,

My name is Renee and I am moving to Trondheim on the 24 of September(REAL SOON)!
I am currently learning the language and am I am still looking for a job. I decided to join here because I was hoping to meet some people to hang out with because I will be going there alone. I am very excited and hope to get inspired by the people and the beauty of the country!

Hello all,
My name is Sujan Lamjel and from India. I am graduated in mass communiucation and Journalism. I am looking for a job in Norway, and I dont know anyone there.I joined this forum to know more people, and ofcourse your suggestions if you have any regarding finding jobs in Norway. Thanks  :)

hi yash... even I am from India and looking for a job in Norway.

Hi guys I'm new to the group, I'm an Englishman relocating to Norway after 7years In Australia, I will be looking for work in Construction as a carpenter, I also need some help with learning the language.
Can anyone point me towards a reputable labour hire company who can organise accomodation?

Lots to do, a big move.

Hi there :) I'm new to the website too haha
My names Danni and I've recently moved to Oslo on the 1st of September to work as an au pair. I come from the west coast of Scotland.
I will be attending a language course at the au pair agency in October so I'm hoping that will help me with learning the language as I'm not feeling that the apps I've been trying havent been as successful as I'd hoped haha
Looking to meet some friends around here to hang out with and explore with as I'm in my own haha
Good luck everyone with their moves :)

Thank you for welcoming me Julien!

I am currently living in Switzerland, working as a property manager. Looking to relocate to Oslo, where I can hopefully find a job in the travel or tourism industry, as I don't speak Norwegian (yet).

I would welcome a new challenge where I can put my language and organizational skills to good use, by finding a challenging job that allows me to enjoy a similar quality of life as I have in Switzerland and  actively become part of norwegian society.

Kind regards
Monica

Hello, I'm Paul, aged 47 from the UK. I've just moved to Norway to join my partner, who is a lecturer at the University of Oslo.

I'm working remotely for my old UK employer for the time being, while actively looking for employment in the Oslo area. My background is in marketing and communications; in particular, writing, editing and managing English-language digital content. I'm learning Norwegian, but it's still early days!

Looking forward to meeting other expats and sharing experiences.

Best, Paul

Closed