Comprehensive Bahrain Visa Process & FAQ - Work & Self sponsorship

Good day Xtang , I have re submitted multiple times and it is getting rejected over and over again . My visa extension expire in few days . What are my options ? I also read on the sticky if I came in on multiple entry visa. It might be the reason if it had not been canceled . How do I cancel or do I need to go to Lmra office to verify what is really going on?

Multiple entry visa causes problems sometimes.  Only NPRA can cancel it. 

However, the rejection could be due to other reasons e.g. security rejection.   You need to check which stage is it getting rejected at i.e. LMRA or at NPRA end.

Hello Xtang. Thanks for your guidance. My agent told me the security was approved before we proceeded with the memorandum and all .

My question now is my visa extension expire on Sunday and I am planning to go to Lmra to check what the issues is on Sunday . Is it ok to do that or do I need to go to NPRA first ?

That is a security clearance for CR.

Most visa rejections happen at NPRA end and are due to security reasons. If your ems has the message, change the Expat, then it means security rejection.

Go to npra.

Thanks A lot Xtang , I will check with NPRA then as I do not have access to the EMS and the agent only suggested  to Lmra on Sunday .  Will there be issues since my extension is expiring or need to get another extension before I go

No issues but you might need extension to reapply.

Hello Xtang, so I went to NPra and they asked me to get NOC from my guarantor which I already did . Now I am trying to reapply but it is coming up as overstay . Can I get another extension done with Npra or does it have to be from the same guarantor . My 1 month extension expired on the 5th of this month

Same guarantor.

Good day  Xtang, I tried to get my guarantor to do the extension but NPRA refused that I already did one extension before and now I have to leave the country . My employer told me investor visa can be applied for when I am outside the country . So I would like to confirm , is it possible investor visa is issued while expat is outside of  bahrain

Yes.  Then you come to Bahrain, do the medical and so on.

Oh Alright, Thank you so much @Xtang Now the only thing I am afraid of is , I have a overstay of 11 days already, won't I be placed on visa ban or that doesn't apply to me since I have signed a memorandum for investor visa already

An overstay might make the visa difficult but not impossible.  MOU is unrelated to the visa process,

Oh Alright , Thanks A lot for the guidance @Xtang

Hello @Xtang, I am in the process of clearing my overstay. I want to ask a quick question. Will it be possible after clearing the overstay . I am able to reapply for my investor visa since I already passed the security check stage and only need approval from Lmra which will take basically 3/4 days .   Because I was told because of the overstay . I maybe blacklisted  from coming back to bahrain which means I won't be able to apply for my investor visa after leaving . I am asking to be sure if I should just withdraw the process totally before exiting the country

It won't take 3/4 days.  The application process goes through LMRA, CIO and finally NPRA.  Nowadays it is taking 2-3 weeks easily.  If there is an issue due to overstay, it will happen at NPRA end.   Maybe it is better to do it while you are here but be prepared to apply multiple times if rejected and get a strong PRO who can get it sorted.  Your current consultants seem to be useless in my opinion.

Hello Xtang, Thank you. Yes they are not of much help . As soon as I clear my overstay , does it come with an extension or grace period to try and reapply . Secondly do you have a strong PRO you can introduce me to because last thing I want is a ban or being blacklisted

You have to clear overstay and get extension to be able to apply. If you don't get extension, you can't apply and have to leave. Unfortunately no, I don't have any I can recommend as I haven't needed to use one for a long time.

Alright @Xtang, I appreciate this a lot . I will try it out

Good afternoon Xtang, I am unable to get visa extension to finish my investor visa process  and want to pay overstay and exit the country . I have overstay a month and 7 days now . what are the procedure of paying overstay in Bahrain . Do I have to go to immigration myself with my ticket or my guarantor has to . Also will this overstay still affect my investor visa processing even after exiting the country . Thanks a lot for all your inputs

Immigration by either guarantor or you.  And it may affect the process.

Oh alright thank you Xtang

I have re apply for my working visa the second time and I was rejected. I don't know what the problem could be. My employer said he wants to contact NPRA. Any advice?

Let your employer take it up with NPRA.  There is nothing else that can be done and definitely not by you.

@XTang  Thank you

@XTang good day

Please how can I get a job and I'm willing to move to bahrain

This is not the right thread for that.   Search job advice and related posts on the forum.

Hi XTang,

The official  Bahrain.bh website says the property value bust be 200,000 BHD. Was this updated from the time you published the post our their website is outdated?

https://bahrain.bh/wps/portal/en/!ut/p/ … 3SS9nQSEh/

This is for golden visa.

The faq covers self sponsorship visa. The property for that is still 50k.

Search the threads. We have had many discussions on the two visas.

Example : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=975199

The only real differences are :

Golden visa allows you to work - SS visa doesn't

Golden visa has stay requirements in Bahrain of 90 days a year - SS visa doesn't

Golden visa (property) doesn't require you to show income - SS visa requires income of 500 BD a month but not from working in Bahrain

Thanks for the clear response. Got it.

1 follow-up question, how can I tell if the property qualifies for a SS Visa? Do I take the word of the agent for it?

More than 50,000 BHD and in touristic areas like. Juffair, seef etc. Read the FAQ - I have specified criteria.

Thanks. Another one, if I managed to self sponsor myself, can I invite my parents to live with me as well? Thanks

That has nothing to do with self sponsorship visa. Check requirements for parents visa on npra website eg salary above 1000 BD, insurance etc etc.

https://www.npra.gov.bh/en/services/vis … residents/

It will be a problem as you will need to show a salary above 1000 BD. And it can't be from Bahrain as you are on a self sponsorship visa. Generally they will accept Saudi income proof in the form of employer letter.

@XTang

Hello sir I am Abdul razzak I came here with a visit visa and get a job .and company tell me they provide me visa now I complet my 11 month here without visa now company tell me pay your fine and we can't provide visa for you ..you can go

So what can I do now I got more then 500 bd fine

Nothing except pay.  You should have never overstayed or worked without a visa.  It is illegal.

@XTang

You

Hi I have question I have definite contract in Bahrain for 2 years can employ dismiss me with a reason of financial problem ? He will gave me as for contract 2 months notice plus final settlement but this is a good reason to fire someone with 2 years contract?

Of course he can dismiss you.  But he has to pay you on "termination basis".

Go and read this:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=841333

Hi XTang, we are here on self-sponsorship visa. Unfortunately, we are are planning to leave soon and getting ready to sell our property. In your sticky, you say that the visa will be cancelled when the property is sold, and the max grace period is 3 months after property sale. How do we go about getting an extension so that we can still be here legally for a short period of time after the property is sold? It would be max 2 months.  Thank you for helping so many people here.

In practice, the visa doesn't get cancelled automatically.  A lot of people have sold the property and for some, it remains till expiry whereas for others, it gets cancelled after sometime.

@XTang

Hy sir Last Day My Legal Status was Employment visa is in progress

But now it's shows Expired Employment visa

What is this ? It's my first apply for Work visa and please tell Can my company has to apply again and how much it will take time again if they apply ?

Instead of posting the same question again, read the actual thread - first page.  Already answered.  To keep it simple, visa rejected and talk to your company.