Comprehensive Bahrain Visa Process & FAQ - Work & Self sponsorship

Go to immigration, they will just move the permit to the new passport after updating your passport details.  Takes literally a minute - if you can get an appointment nowadays :).  Otherwise use an agent and hand him both passports.

Thanks for the reply XTang, sounds like an easy one for once.

Hello,

I have a question similar to that of Wrt2021 earlier this year. I'm planning to buy real estate property in Bahrain, get the residency and live there most of the year. I have a Bahraini contact there, and will be hiring a local lawyer to help me with the process.

I work as an IT consultant, remotely, exclusively for EU firms, now and for any foreseeable future.

I think it would be ideal for me to incorporate a company (WLL, since SPC don't exist anymore) in Bahrain to manage my business locally, but I'm afraid that it might put me in breach of the requirement to "not work for the private or public sector in Bahrain".

How do you think the Bahraini administration would interpret that situation if none of my clients are in the Kingdom?

Would it be better for me to incorporate my company somewhere else (like in the UAE for example) so that it could not be misinterpreted as "work for the local private sector"?

Thanks in advance, for all the time and dedication that you are giving to help us.

It is not about clients, it is about the process of setting up a company.  If you are the only investor/partner in the company, to get the company active (bank account etc.), you will have to be on the visa of the company and can't be on the self sponsorship visa.  So in your particular situation, it is better for you to set it up in a place like UAE.

Ok I see now, thank you for the explanations. So, a well-intentioned rule with unfortunate consequences.

I will lose money incorporating a company in the UAE and Bahrain will lose its 5% VAT on exports of services. I'll see with the lawyer if there is a solution to avoid this waste.

Sure. Just be careful with what the lawyer says. For expats, all investors have to be on the visa for the bank account to be active.....for company in formation.

I got my cpr 2 months back.
My wife and daughter have there bahrain family visa and will be entering Bahrain this weekend from KSA. Can anyone recommend if we should come through the cause way from dammmam
Or take a flight from dammam to bahrain. When I initially came to bahrain I opted for the flight as I was told LMRA processing is fasted on airport. Also what are next steps once she enters bahrain will she be needing to do medical as well? Or she has to do a medical before entering bahrain ?

If you have the visa, they can enter from any border.  The processing takes place on causeway as well.   There is no medical requirement for dependents.

If we enter sunday morning can we go straight to cpr office to get their cprs or should we wait some tome before proceeding to the cpr office which prints the cpr. Also is there any documents they will be needing to issue the cpr?

No. Appointment is needed and your employer needs to coordinate the documents / arrangements.

Cant i just go through fast track. ?

Post Covid, there is no fast track service in reality.   You have to to go early and get a token for it.   Still a wait of 3-4 hours.

And you would need to take all necessary documents like address certificate, attested marriage certificate etc etc, all of which will take time to arrange. 

Go here and read someone's experience, post #10:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=930873

Hello,
My employer asked me to check if I can come to Bahrain through a visit visa taken at the airport on arrival. Of course, he will work to transfer it to a working visa as I understood.
Let me explain the case, my employer says that it is a long process to get a working visa due to many reasons (i.e. COVID19 restrictions, etc...)
In order to know more about visa conditions, I checked the following website: https://www.evisa.gov.bh/ apply & eligibility.
I found that it is doable for those who have a French passport (to take a visit visa on arrival for one month)
I consulted my employer waiting for his return, meanwhile, I am sharing with you what I am passing through so maybe someone, who has experienced the same thing, can guide me.
Thank you!

There are no restrictions for work visas for frech passport holders at the moment. Please know that working on a visit visa is not legal and has no legal binding on the employer to transfer as well.

Guys. I am slightly nervous. I will be bringing my wife and daughter through the causeway on their valid visas for first time entry. Will LMRA be open at causeway on weekend to take their fingerprint and issue sticker? I have only Sunday off from work and want to go straight to CPR office Sunday morning.

Causeway is always 24/7.

They didnt put the sticker at the border. Just put some stamps on passport and told us to go to Manama. Can anyone help me for next steps for CPR for my dependents?

This is normal.  In the past, even at the airport, they would put a stamp and sticker you could get later.  They upgraded the facilities at the airport but not at the causeway.   The steps for CPR remain the same, you might need to get a sticker........where is your sponsor in all of this?  they should be helping sort it out.

Vinsanity wrote:

They didnt put the sticker at the border. Just put some stamps on passport and told us to go to Manama. Can anyone help me for next steps for CPR for my dependents?

Dear Vinsanity,

Please note that LMRA completes the process of enrollment and stamps the residency permit in your passport. It is not the scope of NPRA to complete the enrollment of newcomers. You can only avail of this service at Bahrain International Airport as there are separate LMRA counters for that.

As you have already entered the country. First, you need to get the visas stamped at the immigration. Please go to any document clearance agencies and they will stamp the residency sticker in the passport.

Once this is completed and as this is a new visa you need to complete the biometrics. Please book an appointment at ams.lmra.bh Please select Front Desk Services, and select any Biometric Data Collection at Sitra or Riffa.

Once you have completed the above 2 steps. You can book the appointment for CPR and duly note that they are asking for an attested marriage certificate when issuing dependent CPR.

This is the latest information. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any more clarifications.

Abdallah Accary wrote:

Hello,
My employer asked me to check if I can come to Bahrain through a visit visa taken at the airport on arrival. Of course, he will work to transfer it to a working visa as I understood.
Let me explain the case, my employer says that it is a long process to get a working visa due to many reasons (i.e. COVID19 restrictions, etc...)
In order to know more about visa conditions, I checked the following website: https://www.evisa.gov.bh/ apply & eligibility.
I found that it is doable for those who have a French passport (to take a visit visa on arrival for one month)
I consulted my employer waiting for his return, meanwhile, I am sharing with you what I am passing through so maybe someone, who has experienced the same thing, can guide me.
Thank you!

Dear Abdallah,

The information which your employer is provided is accurate. They need to wait for more than 2 weeks if you are out of Bahrain. Try to come on a visit visa. Once you arrive in Bahrain just send the Slip which you have received at the airport, assuming the employer has all your other details ie-Passport, Job Contract etc.

Once your wok visa has been processed. You can start working for your employer.

Dear Bro,
You have paper visa for your dependent right. Just take that paper copy and original passport to sitra LMRA for biometrics. No need to take an appointment you can directly walk-in and take token in few minutes they will collect your dependent's biometric. Then arrange one agent to get sticker on your passport they will charge you 7 bd. You can go to immigration office in Isa town directly lot of agents will be there outside. After that you can go for CPR, but for that your marriage certificate should be attested from Ministry of Foreign affairs Bahrain which is in Manama Bab-Al-Bahrain. Appointments for CPR it is tough to get. You can go in fast track service they will charge you 20 bd. You should go at 8 am and take token and wait for your turn and till that you submit your marriage certificate in counter 9 for registration.

Hi! Anyone here who has applied for a working visa to Bahrain as a nurse and wasn't approved?

Please let me know how and why. Thanks.

Visas can be refused due to a variety of reasons.  Read some examples on the first page of this thread.

Hi! Is there any way for me to check my Visa application status using only my Passport number? Thanks.

lmra express services

As of this writing, how many days/weeks/months does it usually take for a working visa to be approved? Does it being a healthcare worker and place of origin matter?  I mean aside from those who are in red listed countries.

When i check with my Application ID i see the status but when i check with my passport number it gives an error, why is it so ?

Dear All,

I'm from Pakistan, My Employer has been submitted my work permit on 28th August 2021 and till date Status is showing: Await GDNPR

Can anyone guide what would be the possible issue of not getting visa approved from GDNPR

How long should I wait ?

Difficult to predict.  All you can do is wait.

Hi XTang. Very comprehensive and useful thread.  Thank you very much. Would you please advise, what I can infer from the below status? GDN

Can I please know what stage ( early or final) if visa status is showing - does it mean  GDNPR stage has cleared?

Legal status - "Employment Visa is in Progress..."
Information- Updated
Name
Occupation
Employer
Monthly fee: Paid

Thank you very much for your time and response.

Best regards

It's in progress.  Hasn't yet been approved by immigration.

Thank you X Tang for the quick response . That's very helpful. Now status has changed to Valid employment visa and overall it took 6 weeks for the approval. I am very glad for approval coming on right time.

Now there is resurgence of covid in a mutated form and in case if my home country is red listed (touch wood) , am I allowed to enter Bahrain. My visa valid for 6 months , despite having visa am I allowed to enter Incase ( worst scenario) country is red listed.
If you  have knowledge what was followed earlier ( May -October red-list period), please share, which will be helpful for me to prepare myself for all possibilities. Thank you very much for your time and help.

As far as I remember, only residents and citizens were allowed to enter.  You are not a resident until you arrive and get the visa stamped.

Thank you very much . I am hoping for not recurring of such situation .🙏🏻

Hi sir, 
I have a one question,   if  have Travel ban,  can Renew the visa?  And,  if aply travel ban,  how many days after active?  And how can pay due amount for travel ban.?   Pls help me sir, 
Thanks

Covered many times in the forum.  Use search

Hello everyone, and thank you for the useful information. Due to recent increase of applications, can anybody tell how long it currently can take for the work permit to be approved? Today is the 55th day since my application was submitted and it is still with NPRA. Is it normal to take that long nowadays? Thank you in advance!

It is generally taking longer.  However, 2 months is a lot and this amount of time is usually reserved for nationalities that are generally either banned or were banned due to political or other reasons e.g. Turkish, Bangladesh etc.   If it is still in process, it is a good sign as usually, it would be rejected out of hand.   As to time, there is no way to know.

Thank you very much for your reply and the information. Yes actually my application is with my Turkish passport and now I see why it took that long. Anyway hope that it will work out soon.

Sir I m from india .how long to change legal status . employment visa is in progress.2 week almost finish still not chnge this status