The best apps for expats in Cambodia

Hello,

We invite you to share information regarding some of the apps that have helped to facilitate your move abroad in Cambodia. This will help expats-to-be who are making the move as well.

Which apps did you use while preparing your move to Cambodia?

What apps do you use the most for your everyday life in Cambodia: whether it's for transport, managing finances, general information, learning the language of your host country, leisure activities, etc.?

How does this technology help you in your everyday life as an expat?

Which apps would you recommend to expatriates in Cambodia and why?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hello Priscilla.

Here my experience with apps.

1. I did not use apps to assist me moving to Cambodia. I stayed in neighbouring Thailand and after a 3 week photo shoot holiday (nature photography) I decided to move to Cambodia.

2. I don't use apps for banking, shopping, stock exchange and such. I don't need it.
I use internet banking, internet shopping, but from my laptop.

3. Apps that I use include Google maps, GPS, Google Translate, You Tube, Facebook, Email.
I use them to make life easier [location for deliveries, translations English/Khmer vv, checking emails when not at home] and to stay in touch with friends and new contacts when not at home.

For chatting and video calling I use Messenger, Line and WeChat.

As I said I use others on my laptop only, like on line banking, on line supermarket, on line meal-order and delivery, weather forecast.

Hope this will help.

Warm regards.

An APP I use here to get free streaming of many UK, US and European TV channels and movies is called MOBDRO.

Only works on Android devices ( Samsung phones and tablets and is legal ) and is quite free.

If you then buy a Google Chromecast 2 dongle you can then wirelessly send to your TV and watch on the big screen. Brilliant! Sport, movies shows, you name it, it is there. You just need a good internet connection.

Hi everybody,

Special apps for Cambodia:
(1) ABA banking - just so easy and reliable
(2) PassApp that starts operating in Sihanoukville

General Apps very useful in Cambodia:
(3) Google Translate (for Khmer) and Bing (for Chinese)
(4) Google Maps and Maps.me
(5) WeChat for many Asian people (mandatory for Chinese people who are fb Messenger forbidden)
(6) Water Drink Reminder ... hahaha
(7) AliExpress for all things you can't find (... easily)

Cheers,
Benny

An APP I use here to get free streaming of many UK, US and European TV channels and movies is called MOBDRO.

Thanks for the tip. It was not on play store but just google MOBDRO and I found it!

Having a firestick is good for watching TV channels.

Downloaded Modbro and it works fine, but it are channels and you can not choose which episode to watch. Then is kodi much better. My kodi got broken :sosad: , will try fire stick now.

I have found another one with even more channels. Called Live NetTV. Just google and download like Mobdro.