Cost of living in Timisoara!

Hi!
As a student, I am searching for a city in Romania which is cheapest?
I would like to know about monthly house rent for a single room.
How much I have to invest if I cook food of my own?
Are the woolen clothes and shoes cheaper than other parts of Europe?  Turkey is nearby and cheaper clothes and leather products must be reaching here, is not it?

Until you find something better you could use this as a starting point.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/i … rrency=RON

nayakdp wrote:

Hi!
As a student, I am searching for a city in Romania which is cheapest?
I would like to know about monthly house rent for a single room.
How much I have to invest if I cook food of my own?
Are the woolen clothes and shoes cheaper than other parts of Europe?  Turkey is nearby and cheaper clothes and leather products must be reaching here, is not it?

The 5 lowest cost of living cities in Romania are:
1. Botosani
2. Deva
3. Targu Jiu
4. Buzau
5. Tulcea

Keep in mind, none of those are (big) university towns.  Those are larger, more expensive towns.

As for rents, I believe I told you that in October already  :whistle: .  For food, that depends on your habits and tastes.  If you want to shop at open farmers markets, very simple meals, a couple hundred lei a month could do, though that gets old quick I imagine.  For clothes, I would guess that those kinds of clothes are fairly cheap compared to buying them in other EU countries, you can shop local bazaar markets to find things really cheap, but keep in mind the quality is also often poor.  You get what you pay for!

I budget 450 ron per month for food and maintenance (toilet paper, cleaning products, etc) for 2 people. This works well for us. We don't often go to restaurants (1x per month maybe) and I don't buy prepared foods; I cook from scratch. I buy from the local market usually, rarely from large supermarkets.
I live in Pitesti. I find the touristy cities in Transylvania more expensive (as expected) and I suspect Timisoara is also more expensive than my city. I find www.numbeo.com fairly accurate when I compare USA and Romania cost of living.