Moving to Makati in April (2018)

Hi,

I'm planning to move to Makati next April from Japan and will be working there for at least 5 years so any advice or help is much appreciated.

Opening a bank account (what bank, etc.), mobile phone services, looking for an apartment (my office is on Ayala Ave.), internet providers, health insurance, security, international schools for my kids (4 and 8 years old), part time job for my wife, what to be careful with, what to look out for... and basically anything that comes to your mind.

I'm grateful for any messages and comments. Thank you for your time and help in advance!

Gab

I can help you with that sir... in opening a bank account you should have at least 2 valid ids.. specially for a foreigner you should pass at least your passport or another valid id like ACR or id fro your country of origin.. and you should have at least 100 us dollar as initial deposit, and il recommend only with the top banks in the PH which has many branches in AYala Avenue... for a condo rental whick is my specialty i can recommend at least 2 kilometers away from AyAla so the rent is much cheaper compared to condos or flat in AYALA ave or Greenbelt.. but i also can give you those condos... about the schools . im not familiar with the best education for expats children but i knew a shool within the a secured village in Makati.. for a high schooler and elementary student.s. ***

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : no free ads here please + register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
tequilajordan23 wrote:

I can help you with that sir... in opening a bank account you should have at least 2 valid ids.. specially for a foreigner you should pass at least your passport or another valid id like ACR or id fro your country of origin.. and you should have at least 100 us dollar as initial deposit, and il recommend only with the top banks in the PH which has many branches in AYala Avenue... for a condo rental whick is my specialty i can recommend at least 2 kilometers away from AyAla so the rent is much cheaper compared to condos or flat in AYALA ave or Greenbelt.. but i also can give you those condos... about the schools . im not familiar with the best education for expats children but i knew a shool within the a secured village in Makati.. for a high schooler and elementary student.s. ***

no need to deposit that much. most banks will only require PHP 2,000 for atm account and PHP10,000 for an account with the book. but yea, you should have ACR or AEP and passport as well.

Hi Guys thank you for info even it was not mean to be for me, but found it interesting, as I am going to open Bank Account, now I will like a Credit card as well how hard is it to get one.

samangelevski wrote:

Hi Guys thank you for info even it was not mean to be for me, but found it interesting, as I am going to open Bank Account, now I will like a Credit card as well how hard is it to get one.

unfortunately for these past few months, it's kinda hard for us foreigners to apply one due to a lot of expats ran away without paying the card.

trust me i know some scams in banks specially newly opend accounts.. my sister works in a bank...

In looking for an apartment or condo unit for rent in Makati, I have found the platform of OLX to be the most effective since they assess legitimate suppliers or vendors from those that aren't. I was able to find the place I am staying at in that channel even the previous ones. The good thing about Makati is that everything that you have indicated that you need are all easily available in that area.

Dear TequilaJordan23,

Thank you for your kind comment.
Your name tells me that you like basketball; do you play?

Could you tell me the name of the school that you mentioned?

Have a great day!

Gab

Hi MariBautisa,

Thank you for your comment on my post. I'll check it out!

How is your search going? Found anything nice?

Happy New Year!

Gab

Hi Gab,

My transaction was actually efficient. Since our company relocated in BGC from Makati, I had no choice but to finish my contract with the previous owner while looking for a new place to move in that's just walking distance from our office in BGC. Luckily, I was able to find one in the website that I have suggested, I remembered it was an advertised. It was a hard time for me (financially) since, we used Grab or Uber everyday going in and out of the office due to convenience. 

Regards,
Maro

it really depends on what bank your going to open an account with.. since we cant name of the banks here or we will get banned.. )    just deposit at top banks..

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : please post in the housing section

To people here try not to deal with Real Estate Agents, they are not honest lot. they will take your money and leave you try on the street.

I dont take money... the client directly adress it under the Developers name and in return the developer  gave us the commision in a percentage basis... if its under developers pre selling projects and Ready for occupancy projects.. if its resale you name it at the owners name.. not to the agent... im A licensed real estate broker in the pH..  so im a legit seller...

Moderated by Christine 6 years ago
Reason : promoting freely your services is not allowed on the forum

Moderated by Christine 6 years ago
Reason : please post an ad in the housing section. Thank you