Loans in Bahrain without having a CPR

Hello guys,

I am an expat working in Al Khobar, and i am planning to buy a small property in Bahrain instead of renting, to benefit from it as an investment.
Do you know banks in Bahrain that can grant me a housing loan without having a CPR? i do have saudi iqama of course and proof of wealth, and i can provide salary certificate, but i called different banks and i asked around but no clear information received, and what i understood that some banks are giving to expat housing loans without having CPR.

Please if anyone can provide useful information about such banks in Bahrain as i am planning to move in February 2018.

Thanks to all.

To the best I know, no bank in Bahrain will offer you any loans in absence of a CPR. It's just like how Iqama works in KSA. No CPR would mean no bank accounts, no postpaid lines, co credit history....dead-end!

Thank you for your feedback. Updates: i am working now to get a residence permit and CPR, they said it is possible even if you dont work in bahrain, but with saudi iqama it is possible. I will update the frame once i have any news. regards,

NO BANK CAN give loan without CPR, some indians may do they call it 5 6 and it's not allowed legally as far as i know

it is just possible if you are citizen of other GCC countries or USA. Rather than no chance.

Hi, to the best of my knowledge its not possible without CPR. I heard citibank has some easy norms but definitely not without CPR,

Regards,

You need to have a CPR or failing that a GCC ID (i.e. be a GCC national). 

A lot of things can work on a Saudi Iqama  like renting a house etc but not loans.

Having said that, there ARE banks that give loans to non-residents to buy property but not in Bahrain.  These are UAE based like Mashreq and the property purchase must be in the UAE.

You might try and get a loan from your Saudi bank to have the capital to buy a property or see if they can sponsor a Bahrain property purchase for you?  not likely I know.