Indemnity letter to apply for credit card

Hello people,

I Am in a process of applying a basic credit card for myself. The Bank has asked for a indemnity letter from my company. The HR has  asked me to draft the same, as they haven't provided any indemnity letters to anyone else before. Can anyone help me with a sample indemnity letter, that i can use for the bank?

Any help is appreciated.

Indemnity letter?  i.e. the bank is asking for your company to certify that they will inform the bank if your employment finishes and that they will deposit your end of service against dues if necessary?

Or is it something else?

I am not really sure what a indemnity is.. According to my thinking, it should be that i am on a contract here, and when i leave, if there is any balances, it will be sorted out from the indemnity the company gives me. Or stuff like that.

I am not sure though.

The reason I am asking is because I have not heard of a letter like that for a credit card.  For a loan, yes, it is pretty standard. 

For credit cards, maximum they do is request post dated cheques.  An indemnity letter in that case doesn't make sense unless you have a bank account with the same bank and they are asking for your salary to be transferred there.

Check with the bank.  Ask them to give you a sample so you can see what is it exactly.

ok, il explain in details.

I am a exceptional case for the credit company. Exceptional case is when, a individual doesn't meet the requirements of the facility, yet there is a chances that i may apply.

My exceptions being,
- salary lower than the minimum for expats
- Not completed 2 years in bahrain

hence they ask for a indemnity letter. Now am not sure what exactly is the content of the letter. When i asked the bank, they say they cant give any sample letter. The HR of the company should be able to draft it for me. But our company or the HR has no idea about the indemnity letter.

Then have them make a standard letter which they do for a bank loan i.e. we undertake to transfer his end of service benefits to the bank when his contract finishes.

thats sufficient??

Should be. Because that is the only surety any company can give.  If the bank wants something else they should tell you.

@XTang, Thanls a lot..
i Will have a word with my HR, and let u know if that worked for the bank..
thank you :)

UPDATE:
Moved to Citibank for the credit card. They dint ask for any indemnity letter or any of the nonsense.  Just the regular documents. Also, the agent came upto my office to collect and register my application. Documents include, CPR copy, Passport copy along with resident visa copy, Bank statement, Salary slips and Contract letter copy.
Everything processed, and approved in 5 working days :) should be getting the card sometime next week!

Thank you for all the inputs :)

Thread Closed!

Closed