Visa black list?

Ive been told I'm on a visa black list, because of some past issues with a visa I had before. Has anybody heard or know about a visa black list im getting many conflicting information. Been told i need to leave Vietnam and will never be able to return. Or pay up too a $3000 fine?

Who has told you that you are on a Visa Blacklist? An official body? Did they give you any more information and exact reason why?

This all sounds odd.   
If your that bad a risk to the country and can NEVER return......why does a lousy $3k smooth things over?

Request  this decision in writing on an official letterhead, and contact the Australian Embassy for advice.   If you know your being solicited for a bribe get as much info as you can and go to as many media outlets as you can & rub their noses in it.

Have you thought of going online and getting a VOA approval letter . Only costs $15.    If they're playing games , there's no way you'll get that approval letter from VN immigration.   Just pick an arrival date that's suitable.

I've known blokes here that have been caught doing highly illegal things like drug dealing & assaults.   They're still floating around, one piece of crap paid $500 for charges to be forgotten about. 

But if you have been a naughty boy....you've got 2 choices. 

1. Become a naughty boy that's $3000 poorer

Or
2 . Move to Sihanoukville with the rest of the oddball screw ups😆

Yogi007 wrote:

This all sounds odd.   
If your that bad a risk to the country and can NEVER return......why does a lousy $3k smooth things over?

This is what I thought :/

More information is needed by the OP

But you are correct in saying an official letter is needed to clarify things.

3000 smackaroonies  is a lot of penance.

Yes, a black list exists. A foreigner who groped my wife in the restaurant where she worked was arrested, fined,  deported,  and told he was not eligible for another visa for five years. My wife was happy with that and never saw him again.

I went to renew my visa From a recommended visa agent and she was the one who told me I was on a black list, but couldn't give me an exact reason why, I have never done anything illegal maybe I was find for being issues a dodgy business visa about 4 months ago and paid a fine for that. But I have got another 3 month visa since that time.

If your going for visa  extensions, maybe the agent has confused the refusal of an extension as a black mark against you.    I've heard you can only get one extension, but who knows, this place is a “policy on the run” circus.

Depends where you are, if your in Saigon try for the. VOA letter/ Moc Bai border run.  Again, if you are on a black list the immigration dept won't issue that letter.......  Quickest way to find out. 🤓   

Who was the genius that wanted $3000 to clear things up.  I'd be having that conversation again with a phone voice recorder sitting discreetly beside you.  Maybe organise to meet at a cafe, and have a friend on an adjacent table video that as well.    Whenever anyone wants to discuss “business “ or BS with me I always stipulate that we record the conversation.   It help to clear up any BS promises that are made and not honoured.

Also , some of the VOA online agents only charge if the approval letter is issued.    But you'll have to leave and FLY back in. $$$$$$.

If you've done nothing wrong , it would be good to clear your name,, but if you are a “bad egg” ....you reap what you sow. 🤓

Mate I've been here almost 6 years done the border run so many times I could do it with my eyes closed, the visa agent is the one telling me that when she applied for the VOA that when the immigration department told her my name was on this black list! And if I wanted to clear my name from it it would cost me $3000.
I have all the convo on my phone so all the evidence is here if needed, I'm just waiting to see what she will come back with as she said the maximum is $3000 depending on what I have supposed to have done?

What a wonderful world....🎶🎶🎶

I don't think Louis Armstrong  had Vietnam in mind when he sang that song.

Do these clowns realise that they are complicit in committing a crime in assisting & harbouring a “possible criminal”  in soliciting a bribe to allow that person a safe haven in their country.   

And they wonder why they are kicked in the ass when they apply for Visa to a developed country.

You can lawfully demand the ID of any Govt employee that wants to discuss your circumstances.  Get that , and record it.   If they are bluffing, they probably won't offer it.

You've got nothing to lose.....play it out , get as much crap on them as you can.   I know several journalists that love this sort of thing. 

If they wanted you out......you'd be on the way already.   I suppose you could ride your current visa out, go online for a VOA prior to expiry , and if it's not approved ........whatever, hit the road.

The Rebels are looking for members In Cambodia.  One of them fell off his 125cc scooter and killed himself last month.   I've seen two of those guys over there.....skinniest bikers I've ever seen.  Still wearing their “ colours” , supposedly fully patched.   These guys are in shorts & sandals , but still wear the jacket.😆😆😆

One other thing ,,,,,,don't turn up anywhere on a Ducati.....they'll think your loaded with cash 💰.

Contact another agent and see if the same reply comes back.

Yeah Ive  asked some others but being the weekend no government office is open, and I'm running out of time as my current visa expires this week! Guess I'll be paying for over staying my visa again.

Hahahaha@Yogi... I'll have to dig out my old leather jacket and stick a few patches on it to join the rebels in Cambodia, I hope the initiation isn't to brutal ....

Yogi those Rebels want to be very careful in Cambodia there are a lot of smarter people than them already serving time there with no likelihood of any release dates for corruption etc.

Yep..these guys are just small fry “posers” who probably got the Rebel patch made locally for a few dollars.   They're riding scooters for Christ's sake.   

There was a guy in Nha Trang a few years ago riding around on a scooter with the OMG patches on a leather jacket in 37c degree heat.   Another nut ball.

The blokes in Cambodia would be purely amusement value & a laughingstock for the locals & very low in the food chain .

A bit “Off Topic” but adds flavour to a conversation about Visas huh...

Yea did you ever see the guy who had a Harley used to hang around District 1 near the Crazy Buffalo Bar about 8 years ago. He used to ride around in the bikey gear with a knife on his belt some sort of Eastern European haven't seen him for years he may have been black banned ha ha ha.
The bikey gangs are making their way into Phuket I don't think the Vietnamese would put up with them lets hope so anyway.

Did the OP sort out the issue? I stopped using visa agencies long ago and just get them done by a lawyer who's prices are even cheaper.

hi thanks for all info here yeah i got it sorted all a total load of BS, just visa agent trying to scam me.

Dukerider03 wrote:

hi thanks for all info here yeah i got it sorted all a total load of BS, just visa agent trying to scam me.

Yep, pretty much how I thought what was happening. Many agents have no shame, you should name the bastard.

Yes please name the agent and save other people from the same crap.

How to solve black list problem  In Vietnam