Teaching Online in Nepal

Hello,

My name is Lori, and I teach English at both an English center, as well as at a university in Danang, Vietnam. My husband and I want very much to come spend some time in Nepal. Our interest is in teaching online.  I already have an online company that wants to hire me, and they say that, unlike Vietnam, Nepal is a good place from which to teach online, because the Internet connection is reliable.

Has anyone tried to teach online from Nepal? Would you agree that the Internet connection, there, is suitable for this kind of work? Both my husband and I would be teaching online, so this is the most important bit of information that we need to confirm.

Thank you, in advance, for sharing your experience regarding this matter.

Best regards,
Lori

Hi Lori,
I'm from Nepal, currently living in HCM. The internet is ok in Nepal.There might be fluctuation at times, so must have backup to avoid any issues.

What you can do is , you can talk to the couple  of ISP provider about your requirement and see how they can help. My friend owns ISP (www.broadlink.com.np) , you can email them and communicate to know further. Thanks,

Oh, thank you! This is great information!!

Hello everyone,

Just to inform you that this thread is now on the Nepal forum for better interaction.

All the best,
Bhavna

Oh, thank you!! I accidentally posted it on Danang, Vietnam's forum!!

LORI
I AM A NEPALESE CITIZEN LIVING IN LISBON,PORTUGAL. REALLY FELT GLAD THAT YOUR NEXT DESTINATION IS NEPAL AND YOU ARE WILLIG TO TEACH ENGLISH TO NEPALESE. IF YOU DONT TAKE IT OTHERWISE I HAVE ONE REQUEST TO YOU. SINCE YOU ARE GOING TO TEACH IN NEPAL WHY DONT YOU CHOOSE A SMALL SCHOOL IN A VILLAGE WHERE CHILDREEN ARE IN NEED OF A GOOD ENGLISH TEACHER AND SOMETHING NEW FOR LEARNING ENGLISH. KATHMANDU IS A CITY AND ALL KIND OF EDUCATION AVAILABLE THERE EVEN BRITISH SCHOOL AND MANY LANGUAGE SCHOOOLS BY NATIVE ENGLISH TEACHERS.

IF YOU THINK ITS A GOOD IDEA, YOU CAN ENJOY A TIPICAL NEPALESE VILLAGE LIFE ENJOYING FRESH FOODS ,WONDERFUL VIEWS OF HIMALAYAS AND LANDCAPE STILL YOU WILL HAVE EASY ACCESS TO CITY BY REGULAR TRANSPORT,TELEPHONE,MOBILE,INTERNATIONAL CABLE TV,INTERNET AND OFFCOURE NICE PEOPLE AROUND.

@rdanjaan

Could you please lower your caps lock when posting.
It is considered rude to post in upper case and is the same as shouting at someone.

ohh really? its universal or your idea? thanks anyway

Thanks, my friend!! Yes, I love this idea!! And, I didn't find your caps at all offensive.  :)  Don't worry.

ohh really? its universal or your idea? thanks anyway

Yes, it's universal.