Marrying my Albanian Partner ...Tirane or UK?!

Hi Everyone

I am planning to marry my long-term partner in the new year 2018.
I am a British citizen residing near London with my partner who is an Albanian citizen in the UK illegally.

Everything I have read tells me we should go to Albania and get married and apply for a spouse visa from there ...BUT..... He went to a solicitor earlier in the week, unfortunately I was unable to attend with him due to work commitments. He told my fiance that we should marry here then he should return to Albania ...?!
Needless to say I am now very confused as this seems to go against everything I have read ... Is he (the solicitor) just trying to extract a large some of money from my partner  and complicating something that could be much simpler...?
Can anyone offer their experiences/knowledge on this ?

Many Thanks
LP

Hi, your situation sounds very similar to mine. Did you manage to decide what is best to do?

If living in the country illegally I would get him out of the country, ASAP because if caught that would ruin any chances of him staying legally in the future, married or not.

Hi
We got married in Albania last month
He has his interview at the British embassy next week
All going well so far
X

Hi I am a British citizen, I have just married in albania, can you give me any advice on how to go about bringing my husband to the UK as I am very confused with all the different advice from the internet, i am flying back to London tomorrow so if you know a good solicitor or have any advice what my next step should be I would be grateful
Kind regards
Susan

Hi and welcome to the Forum :)

To qualify for a UK spouse / marriage visa you must satisfy the following requirements:

You and your spouse must be 18 years old or over.
You must have met each other and be legally married - this is to prevent arranged marriages.
You must intend to live together permanently.
You must have enough money to support yourselves (and any dependents) without claiming public funds.
Your sponsoring partner must earn more than £18,600 per year or have enough savings to be able to sponsor you. The minimum financial requirement is higher if they are also sponsoring dependant children.
You must have suitable accommodation for you, your spouse and any dependents.
You must satisfy the English language requirements.

More information can be found HERE on how to apply for a visa.

Congratulations on your wedding, more advise can be found on the ENGLAND Forum.

Hello i am Andi do u like meet tugether