How can I migrate to France?

Hello everyone!  I wanted to move to France and I would like to know if there are ways to obtain a job and a visa to stay in France for a long period.

1) Why France?
I went in Paris last September and I fell in love with the country.  I consider myself as a young and risk-taker professional.

2) What is my field of work?
I am currently working in IT as a business analyst/tester.

Hope some of you can give me tips on how I can possibly migrate to France.

Welcome to the Forum amber19 :)

How is your French? When moving to another country a good understanding of the language is a must. That's to start with, then as you are not a Eu Citizen you would need to find a company to sponsor you so in order for you to gain a work visa.

SimCityAT
Expat.com Expert Team

Thanks SimCityAT!  I have just started with French Intermediate Level 1.  I know basic French but when I tried conversing a little while I was there, they cannot understand me.  Must be my weird accent  :lol:

If you have a university degree and are looking for work in the field you studied, try the EU Blue Card. It's a working visa for skilled professionals designed to attract international talent.

You do need a job offer first, but there's no need for sponsorship or anything from your employer, so you're not a liability to them. I moved from Australia to Paris on this visa (with my wife as a dependent), and the whole process only took 4 weeks! Telling my company I could handle the entire visa process without sponsorship went a long way to reassuring them when hiring a non-EU national.

I didn't speak a word of French, but honestly in Paris we got by perfectly fine with English and basic, broken French (including renting an apartment, setting up phones, bank accounts etc). Good luck!

Hi! im filipino planning on migrating to France to be with my boyfriend. Would go there on a tourist visa, but would have to make plans to be able to stay longer. I would like some information on how you guys did it. thanks!

eyaganda wrote:

Hi! im filipino planning on migrating to France to be with my boyfriend. Would go there on a tourist visa, but would have to make plans to be able to stay longer. I would like some information on how you guys did it. thanks!

This LINK will give you the information you need.