Homeschooling in Lusaka

Hi There,
My husband and I are researching the possibility of a move to Zambia with our two young children.
My husband is South African and although I am a South African citizen, I am Zambian born.
My question has to do with homeschooling. We are presently homeschooling our two children in South Africa and would like to continue to do so.
I would like to find out if there are any legal or procedural requirements in order to be allowed to homeschool in Zambia.
Do you need to register with anyone, such as the Department of Education?
Are there annual assessments?
Is the Zambian government comfortable with a variety of curricula?
Thanking you in advance,
Joan

Hello,

There is a homeschool academy in Lusaka that helps parents all over the country to homeschool. You can visit their website at ehsa-zm.com or find them on Facebook facebook.com/Emmanuel-Home-School-Academy-Zambia-377868488912737/

You can also call Eunice on +26 0977 803 159 to find out more. She is from South Africa and runs the academy.

Hope this helps!

Hi I was wondering if you guys do homeschooling for grade 10? Cambridge

Good Day. for a family off south africa what will be the best schooling system and what do you think off homeschooling.

@Joan Louise

Compliments of the season to you!

Your post is 5 years old and I am curious to find out if you made the move to Zambia.

I am  also curious to find out if you know of any family looking for an early childhood homeschool teacher in Lusaka.

Please email me at

[link moderated]

Sincerely,

Jacqueline.

Hello Jacqueline,

Unfortunately, Joan Louise has been inactive since her last post.

I am  also curious to find out if you know of any family looking for an early childhood homeschool teacher in Lusaka.Please email me at

Are you looking for a job as a teacher?

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Yoginee

Yes, I am looking for a job as an early years homeschool teacher starting in May, 2023.

I already posted an ad on here.