Muslim Friendly Nice compounds in Jeddah

Salamualaikum everyone.

I would like to know if there are Muslim-friendly western style compounds in Jeddah. By Muslim-friendly I spefically mean compounds that have masjids where the adhan is called out loud five times a day, along with Friday prayers. I'm a Muslim from the west, and would like to get the best of two worlds, if you get what I mean.

In addition to the above, I'm interested in a very nice compound that has very good facilities, greenery and spacious housing units. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Abu_Aaliyah wrote:

Salamualaikum everyone.

I would like to know if there are Muslim-friendly western style compounds in Jeddah. By Muslim-friendly I spefically mean compounds that have masjids where the adhan is called out loud five times a day, along with Friday prayers. I'm a Muslim from the west, and would like to get the best of two worlds, if you get what I mean.

In addition to the above, I'm interested in a very nice compound that has very good facilities, greenery and spacious housing units. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Walekm Salam brother,
Hope all is well with you. Jed is a Muslim-friendly city and modern style is balanced with Islamic values. People seeking for western/modern style seek residence in compounds.
Each neighborhood have at least one masjid. Almost all big compounds have masjid but small ones use halls as masjid.
If your query is about hearing adhan you will hear adhan from masjid even if it is not inside compound. Big masjids have loud speakers fitted on top of the tower which you may not find in the halls of smaller compounds.
Check out the facilities provided by each compound and see if masjid is available in the map.

good luck finding that. that has to be the biggest complaint of western muslims.... all the compounds are mostly imitating the west with nakedness, mixing, "open/free" cities. so the facilities for the most part are mixed, saudia city compound has a masjid on grounds

Jazakallahukhair sister. As I mentioned I'm looking for a compound that has the best of both worlds, specifically top notch facilities and western housing units to go along with an Islamic feel to things. By that I mean a vibrant and active muslim community, wherein activities and learning halaqas are present.

Which compound do you recommend for that? My children are my first priority, and one of the reasons I want to be in Saudi is for them to benefit from the Arabic and quran. I would ideally like to be in a compound that caters towards that, while having friendly neighbors with the same goals as I do.

That's really too bad to hear.

Can you tell me more about the Saudia City Compound? You mentioned there's a masjid inside the camp, which is very important for me. But what about everything else? Appreciate the help

have you ever been to saudi? you don't need to be on a compound for nice housing units. The facilities on compounds - I REPEAT, are mixed.  no matter how top notch they are, they break islamic rules. I live on one of the most uppity compounds right near the beach and while the architecture is nice and  facilities are top notch they are USELESS to me as I am a practicing muslim and mixing is not something I do.

Saudia city compound is in khalidiyah district. this compound is pretty old but they have remodelled units.  Their facilities  are mixed for the most part (aside from the women's pool)

Salam (British-born Muslim here)

It's been a while no-one has posted here. Will most likely be moving to Jeddah soon.

Please can someone suggest decent locations to live in which have the following facilities:

• Reasonably decent accommodation (without being ripped off)
  • Nice and quiet area (we love greenery)
  • Main amenities nearby (supermarket etc)
  • Walking distance to mosque (this is a must)
  • Near British International School like JKS or BSIJ if possible
  • At least some like-minded families in neighborhood (ideally a few British Muslim families).

We are reasonably conservative and don't wish to be exposed to compound life where 'everything goes on'.

Ideally, we would much prefer to live in a mixed neighborhood, but only if it is not too common to see ladies in miniskirts, mixed swimming pools, etc. So, I guess compound life is probably out of the question.

Thank you in advance.

Tariq

@Guest8291 Tariq, did you find someplace to stay? We are also British expat Muslims in Jeddah struggling to find the above that you've mentioned, and we've looked at around 50 different apartments including compounds.

@aiman90 Hello and welcome !

please not that this member is no longer on the website.

I would suggest that you post advert in the Housing in Jeddah section while providing details about your requirements to get suitable offers.

All the best

Bhavna

@Aiman90 - -It's tariq here (aka - Guest8291) - not sure what the problem with my account is. I am moving to Jeddah next week. Bit worried that you have visited 50+ compounds but still not found any suitable accommodation. Insha'Allah when my account is activated here, I will respond but feel to exchange messages until then anyway. I'll sure be in touch as you would think it was a given to be able to get suitable accommodation.

@aiman90 - have you managed to find anything yet?

@Tariq24 Sorry for the delayed response! Alhumdulillah we managed to find something which was just perfect for us. So we ended up going into a residential building in the end rather than a compound, because we felt the compounds were outdated and we were searching for something more modern. It's in a great location in the Salamah district and very well maintained, cleaned daily, modern and quiet (very similar to UK level accommodation in terms of quality & finish - with 24 hour reception and security (this is a great advantage point considering its not a compound or gated community). I hope you've managed to find a place you can call home too In sha Allah? :)

@aiman90

Assalamu Alaykum - I'm living in a serviced apartment month-by-month for the time being.

Family did come over for a month very recently but they returned as it was a bit of a struggle for them to get accustomed to local driving 'skills, not being able to walk, environment etc.

Are you okay to share details of the accommodation and contact details of who I should get in touch with?

Thanks again, Tariq