DNA test for my baby?

I need to get it done for the six month birth certificate.

Have been endlessly lied to by ridiculous scammy scum.

Is there actually a way to have a blood sample taken. 
Processed in Quy Nhon,  Nha Trang or sent to Hanoi,  Hcmc for processing.

So far I've heard consistent,  opportunistic lies from everyone about the cost.  6-9  million.  Etc

Bionet  claim they r the only company.  They charge 6 Or 8.5 million depending on who answers the phone. 

They also say they will send a guy over to get. My blood,......  For 100k.......

They r only company allowed.......

Or is should go to the "doctors" office,  which is a home address

Would love advice from anyone who has done this.   As  the only good I could do for the vile scum,  scammers would be burning their house and office of their fake biz to the ground.

Presumably you need the test(s) to prove paternity.  Is it for the government of Germany or of Vietnam? By contrast, US citizens can get what is call a Consular Report of Birth Abroad simply be attestation at the US consulate.  Could the problem be your country and not Vietnam?  Is the underlying problem that the mother is not cooperating?  Rather than rail about the price of the test, why not consider why you need it in the first place.

For paternity. UK and Ireland, but thats irrelevent.

Its for the 6 month birth certificate. Mother fully co-operative..

Apparently only the general hospital in Nha Trang (maybe QN) can do it 8.5)

everything else is a scam.

Sorry to be so thick.   :huh:  I mistook the flag of Belgium in your profile for the flag of Germany (same colors but different direction and order.)

Do you need the DNA test for a Vietnamese birth certificate?

Are you married legally?

Is a DNA test required if the father is Vietnamese?  My wife was not legally married to the father of her son but the man's name is on the son's birth certificate.

not married. yeah. need it for birth certificate.

Dont beleive peoples profiles BTW haha, 60% of us would be from albania, afghanistan etc - the first and easiest one to click on.

Did your wife mention that you were a foreigner. My brother did one in Australia, which only cost 3.4 million vnd. I feel they know you are a foreigner and have raised the cost...as they do.

We're not married (yet?!?)......

I was thinking I'd like to do one of those ancestry / medical DNA things and kill two birds with one stone, but VN being VN; Im pretty sure they wouldn't accept anything except the government approved test, even if I had it notarised and translated etc.

The problem is absolutely no-one seems to know what the government test is:

Clearly anywhere saying I should go to their home / clinic is a blatant scam

The Doctors at general hospital say it's 8.5 million plus 200k postage to Hanoi. They insist they r the only ones and u can trust them because "hey trust me, Im a dr" AND , GET THIS, and i quote, doctors arent allowed to take bribes......

They also seem to mention the same company though....

It would seem likely that the bureaucrat in charge of what is acceptable has made sure that his brother-in-laws, rip-off DNA testing company just so happens to be the only acceptable one. like every other govt function.

Hi, did you found a hospital for DNA? Is it accredited in the UK embassy? If so, how much is it? I have the same problem, birth certificate process, do they really ask DNA, if not married? Thanks in advance.

Nha trang hospital BIONET company. 8 million.

Seems some people got away with photos and proof of relationship judging by old posts but seems necessary nowadays.

Now im getting to enjoy her blackmailing me and my family for money. Maybe best not to do the test, lol

Jaysuz Christ Yogi says,

Ya know,  after a while reading all this stuff about women,  Visa crap and property scams .....you begin to wonder why you ever stepped off the Ferkin plane.

Yogi would love a dollar$ for every time he's said “ If it wasn't for the cheap piss & hookers,,none of us would be here, or any other SE Asian backwater”.

And the next time I hear some “muppet “ say they are here for the culture, chopsticks & soup .....I'll throw up.

Good night .....Yogi's gunna get another beer out of da fridge. 😆

Are you done with the birth certificate yet? I'm confused where to get Affidavit of Child Nationality, do you have any idea?

Hello, for all i know you can only get the Birth Certificate at the Department of Justice here in vietnam, you just need papers at the hospital that the child is born there,  if you are the father she will put your name on the hospital record also, then bring it to the department of justice along with your documents, authenticated and translated into vietnamese, it should have a sealed also of the government agency in alexander de Rhodes in D1.

In order to know what kind of documents you need go to Department of justice first. they will give a list of it. no need for DNA test or Bloodtest.

jaz8211111 if your child is born here in Vietnam no need to have the affidavit of Child nationality, just a copy of your Passport, Married Certificate, your Birth Certificate and your husband too and have it Authenticated and Translated into Vietnamese only. then submit that to the Department of justice. and wait for a week to get the Birth Certificate. for the whole process it will take you only a month to finish it. and you should finish it within 2 months after you give birth or you will get a penalty for it.

@Allan Gem

From her two posts it seems @jaz8211111 is not looking for Vietnamese citizenship for her child.

I think she wants to apply for British nationality for her child born out of wedlock. (Apologies if I am wrong)
If that's the case, Dept. Of Justice, Govt. of Vietnam may have nothing to do with it,

Let @jaz8211111 clarify which country's citizenship she is after. Others can then advise her on that.

then the question first is where is the child was born?  if Born in Vietnam Department of justice still have to do with it, if the guy wants to be the father still they just need documents authenticated and submit it to department of justice so they can get the birth certificate.

The child with a non vietnamese parent and born here in vietnam can only apply for a vietnamese citizenship when he is of legal age already, you cannot apply it from birth.

if she wants her child to be a british nationality then they can file on the british embassy and the embassy will send it to their country to register the child.

cause for me i apply the citizenship of my son in our embassy and embassy send it to our country for child registration. then we apply our country's passport for him here.

Allan Gem wrote:

then the question first is where is the child was born?  if Born in Vietnam Department of justice still have to do with it, if the guy wants to be the father still they just need documents authenticated and submit it to department of justice so they can get the birth certificate.

It's the question of child's nationality that comes first, not birth certificate.
One has to declare child's nationality while applying for a birth certificate. Else the child will be considered "stateless".
For non-Vietnamese nationality MOJ has nothing to do with determining the nationality of the child.

In case of a VN birth certificate ....
When one submits the application to the Justice Dept.. one has to declare the child's nationality and provide appropriate documents to support his/her claim.
- how-to-get-a-birth-certificate-in-vietnam-a-summary/

One of the MUST documents to be submitted in case of non-Vietnamese nationality is "Affidavit of Child's Nationality" (to be obtained/authenticated from that country's embassy/consul).

If the parents fail to declare child's nationality or stay undecided at the time of Birth Registration and the child is born in VN, the child will get Vietnamese nationality.
Check 2nd para of Article 16.
- http://moj.gov.vn

Usually, how long does it take to do a DNA test?
You mentioned everything else is a scam, any experience to share?
If the partners are unmarried, can the mother of the child simply put the surname of the father on the child's birth certificate or the father needs to have a DNA test to verify his identity?

8.5 million

about 2-3 weeks. has to go to Hanoi

I bet they only accept DNA tests done in Viet Nam. That price is ridiculous. my brother did one in Australia for 250 AUD(4.5 million)

Thanks a lot. For paternity test, if there are DNA test centres and hospital in HCMC, still need to go Hanoi?

yes , it s a com. a dna test cpsts 150% nowadays

it is just pure theft by the family members of the people who decide half foreign children

thiefs and criminals

utterly disgraceful vietnam.

a maifa state purtinding to be for the people.

a disgrace

It will get worse though. We registered the birth of our baby girl with the british embassy 5 years ago, have all the relevant documents for our child (marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc.) and applied for her British passport when she was 5 years old.

This process has so far taken us months, with constant going back and forth between Phan Thiet and HCMC to the VFS offices sorting out the paperwork and doing a skype interview with someone in the UK, which apparently could only be done at their offices, so I had to lose yet another 2 days work during the week to get it done. Till finally, we get an email from them saying that we have the opportunity to do a "voluntary" DNA test to prove our child is ours. I will use what they have written to show how "voluntary" it really is:

"Unfortunately, the documentation you have provided is not sufficient evidence of the relationship between you and your child to prove the nationality claim. Therefore, to help progress your application, you may want to consider DNA testing to confirm this relationship to show that you are the parents of your children.

The provision of DNA evidence to support a passport application is voluntary. If you do not want to progress with testing, we will make a decision based on the other evidence available. However if there is not sufficient evidence available, then the application will be refused and any fee paid will be retained."

So basically do the DNA test or your application will fail. Now of course here comes the kicker:

"HM Passport Office will only accept test results that are arranged through VFS. Please do not attempt to arrange DNA testing in support of a UK passport application with any other supplier."

and

"APAC: Vietnam: Price per applicant: £141.00: Mother, Father & child in Vietnam 3 x £141 Total cost= £423"

Or in other words 12,876,734.93 Vietnamese dong to carry on the application, plus what I will lose from having to go to HCMC yet again to do the test.

Bunch of thieving gits on both sides >.<

Hi,

Can someone please list in order the process of achieving the "simple" aim of getting my son a British passport.Im British and his mother is Vietnamese.

8.5 mill in  nha trang dude. will ask gf for which hospital - think only  does it

I heard about a case where a foreigner fathered a child with a Vietnamese affair. He voluntary put his name down on the child birth certificate and just did the DNA report at the hospital that the child is born within the day itself. It seems very fast. But I am not sure if DNA report can be done at the hospital itself and if it is recognised and of the result is almost instant. He told me that birth registration process is not complicated at all.

takes 8 days or so

i heard it was cause the entire population of vietnam was trying to claim daddy was a GI to escape this corrupt hole . lol

What is a GI? Sounds like it is possible to have some papers done instead to facilitate the application since it's corrupted?
Now I wonder what's the actual process like?
I heard different stories from various sources that thw Vietnamese mother can put the name of any guy on birth certificate without an actual DNA report. Not sure if this is true or not? In case a DNA report is required, it seemed like only a few DNA reports done by certain centres or hospitals are recognised and this typically take a few working days. Not sure if this is true or not? So birth registration is possible even without marriage certificate but the nationality of the child will be Vietnamese.

2 mouth swabs from ma, da and kid

GI= general infrantryman / us soldier

There used to be a program that gave immigration preference to unacknowledged children of American GIs.  To have been one of these children, you would need to be at least  43 years old today.  I am pretty sure the program is closed.

The term GI originated during WWII when items of clothing and equipment were often stamped GI which stood for Government issue.

It seems that this is an area where the British government does not trust its subjects, hence the DNA requirement.  For US citizens it is simply a matter of attestation to obtain a document called a Consular Report of Birth Abroad or CRBA.  This document makes the child a US citizen and eligible for a US passport.  The instructions on the HCMC consular website don't require that the baby be brought into the consulate but some people have reported that they had to bring the baby.  I suspect the HCMC consulate may be making its own rules, a trick that they likely learned from their Vietnamese employees.   Cases where the parents are estranged and the Vietnamese parent does not want to allow the infant to go to the consulate can be problematic.  However if both parents, married or not, are willing, it is just a matter of the the US parent swearing an oath.

Generally speaking the US government does not require things like red stamps on documents.  However they remind you near the signature line that submitting false documents or making false statements is punishable by jail.  Our government trusts us but will jail us if we lie.  Some of our current Presidents associates are finding this out the hard way.  (Note:  This is not intended as a political statement.  It is simply a statement of publicly available fact.)

10,000s of charming chinese women going to usa to have usa baby

even delay flights etc

real classs ppl

Cheers guys,8 days you say thaiger? A few swabs and done?  Cost depends on where you go and how blind his/her eyes are or straight forward?

Those 10,000s love the US