Online shopping in Thailand

Hello everyone,

Shopping online can be far more convenient and offer greater choice than going into shops, be it grocery shopping or retail.

Are there options for online shopping in Thailand? Which sites or apps do you use most frequently and are these local or international?

Are there particular products that are cheaper to buy online or that are perhaps not available in Thailand?

What is the delivery process like — is it easy to receive deliveries and what are the costs of shipping? Are there any taxes to pay upon receipt?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Living far away from everything, I often order online. (I can't even find butter, cream or cheese where I live)
- Good flour, seeds, cereals, and organic stuffs : radiancewholefoods.com
delivered in 48h in the south of the country, very efficient, excellent service et high quality products. 280 baht by EMS up to 8kg
- Alcohol and beers that are difficult to find in my area : wishbeer.com
delivered within 1 week in the south by private transporter, free delivery for a large order, good service
- delicious sausages and porc meat from Sloane's : passiondelivery.com
delivery fees are very high but delicious products. Packed with dry ice and delivered by private transporter. Around 600 baht to send to the south of the country, much cheaper around Bangkok.
- just discovered Lum Lum : thai organic products (soy sauce, curry pastes, rice, crackers, jams,...)  and they take order from their Facebook page.
- for cheese and other goodies : farang food in Phuket. Sent by bus.
- and for the rest I sometimes order at delishop : very fast delivery, decent quality. Around 400 baht, sent by transporter.
I use Lazada quite a lot but I don't like the way they send each item order separately. For a single order of 8 different items, they do not collect all the items and send the together, each seller will send it directly to you so you have to get to the post office each time... very inconvenient

We use Lazada, We like it is pay when get item(s)
All ways delivery to our door with private delivery.
That they all ways call first and ask what time best for us for them to come.

We use Big C Shopping / Online, buy for +1.500 baht and free delivery.
Even if webpage don´t say so, You can pay with cash when they come.
We buy all the big & Heavy item this way, As we don´t have a car.

Bonus is "often" free item when they come, Free Cola, Chips, kitchen item and so on.
"Often" cash discount 300-700 baht. (This we never get when go to the shop).
We "normal" buy for 2.500 - 4.500 baht.
And we get the normal discount from use our Big C Card all so, Even when we get Cash discount.

We use many of the "thai coupon web page" (Search google for the words) web page for all kind of things.
When want to go out and try new place to eat, we look first to see if promotion.
When we go on trip, We often find promotion on hotel / guesthouse, excursions / tour and so on.

Wow, you are Good at saving money.  I should take a class from you. I just take for granted that American money is stronger & don't care. I should pay more attention.  Patrick

Most common online shopping is Lazada. You need to see if the products needs a touch and checked for quality then you might want to go physical shops than virtual shops.

expat12 wrote:

Most common online shopping is Lazada. You need to see if the products needs a touch and checked for quality then you might want to go physical shops than virtual shops.

You are correct, the quality is not always very good on Lazada ... but for people living out of the big cities, it is sometimes impossible to find most of the items offered on Lazada in physical shops.
Ordering online is a great solution when not living in Bangkok.

I ordered from Lazada but what I got was the least of my expectations.I didn't bother sending back .I just packed it somewhere in the wardrobe. You can try 'wish'. Download the app from playstore or Applestore. There is a wide range of products.You will be required to pay a small amount for shipping.Some items are delivered weeks before the scheduled time.

Lazada, delivers quickly, but they are almost impossible to communicate with, we ordered a Black & Decker hand vacuum, the 1st one worked for a few weeks & then died, we ordered another one & it never worked. We wanted to send them back, but they would not answer there mail requests. We found a phone number finally in Hong Kong, but they never answered there phone, so we are stuck with 2 vacuums, neither works. And we are out 120.00 Dollars or 4,000 baht. Have not purchased anything from them since.  Patrick

thailand4me wrote:

Lazada, delivers quickly, but they are almost impossible to communicate with, we ordered a Black & Decker hand vacuum, the 1st one worked for a few weeks & then died, we ordered another one & it never worked. We wanted to send them back, but they would not answer there mail requests. We found a phone number finally in Hong Kong, but they never answered there phone, so we are stuck with 2 vacuums, neither works. And we are out 120.00 Dollars or 4,000 baht. Have not purchased anything from them since.  Patrick

Good to know ! Thanks for the warning ! and sorry for your bad experience.

Good experience .

Thanks for the warning.

I find it very difficult to find many items here in Thailand, so most of my shopping is done online using ebay or Lazada. Banggoods seems to be more expensive.

I think that the solution to buying products that you can't get in Thailand is to buy in your own country & bring back to Thailand, this is for the expats that still visit there own countries, we brought back a Black & Decker hand held vacuum from the US with a converter. And we bring vitamins every year from the US for family & friends at much cheaper cost than what is available in Thailand.  Patrick

I have a very good experience with Lazada and the official Apple Thai Online Store.

My spouse sometimes orders from different websites and it seems working. In these cases, who have to pay in advance to a bank account.

We have had good experiences with Lazada.
When need wife call Bangkok office, Very easy and fast, All ways ready to help out.

We change order a few times, Cancel a few order.
1 time one item was missing, We call late evening, And after they look, They see they forgot to send the one item, And say, They can send it right now if we NEED it now.
Or if we can wait for tomorrow ??
Obvious we wait for next day as this was late Evening.

We are living in Hua Hin. A order from Lazada takes 2 to 3 days (with standard free shipping).

I guess I just wasn't Lucky, my wife contacted customer service also, but they didn't help us at all.

I have been ordering shopping from Tesco Lotus for about 2 years. It is easily done by registering a new account. Their website covers most of the products you could buy in store.
Prices seem similar. You can have deliveries between 10am and 10pm., seven days a week, mainly without charge. You book a 2 hour window and with a few exceptions, deliveries arrive within that time, sometimes earlier. Often the driver will call in advance to advise you on delivery time.
Occasionally, their depot will substitute a product if your chosen one is out of stock. Usually like for like, but a few times, completely wrong!
Drivers are uniformed, polite , some speak English.. You can pay cash or card; they carry card readers.
98% happy with service, no minimum order needed.
Highly recommended.

I wrote about this a little in my blog recently - phil.uk.net/blog/blog.html

Thais were quite late entering the on-line shopping market compared to Western countries, but now on-line shopping is very popular and many Thais have set up on-line stores on Facebook.

Probably the biggest on-line shopping site is Lazada Thailand. I have purchased a number of items on Lazada and the experience has been positive. Window shopping is a lot more convenient on-line compared to negotiating traffic and finding parking spaces when going shopping for real.

Payment method options are very convenient. You can pay by credit card, counter service (for example, 7-Eleven) or Cash On Delivery. Delivery is also good and Lazada use courier services, such as Kerry, for fast delivery.

Prices vary enormously from quite cheap to very expensive, so do a lot of research before ordering anything. I bought a little camera tripod via Lazada recently and then discovered exactly the same thing in my local camera shop for Bt200 cheaper. When looking at buying a camera recently there were huge price variations between different Lazada retailers for exactly the same thing.

Regarding camera equipment, I have found digital2home.com to be excellent. Prices, delivery and service are all very good.

Compared to the USA, Ford car parts are very expensive in Thailand and I have ordered some parts from Amazon and eBay in the States. The problem is that if the parts are wrong you then have all the hassle of sending them back.

I have also ordered toys for my kids from Amazon Germany because I couldn't find these toys in Thailand. On one occasion a package from abroad was detained by the Thai postal service until I had paid import duty, but this hasn't happened with other things ordered from abroad. Be aware that if you order anything from abroad you may have to pay some import duty.

Overall, shopping on-line in Thailand is a positive experience. If I'm not sure where to buy something that I need it is a lot more convenient browsing on-line. Also, items available on-line may not be available locally, or they may be cheaper on-line.

I am fortunate in that I haven't had any problems with goods ordered on-line, but if you do have problems you need to act fairly quickly. I think with Lazada you have to return the goods within 7 days.

I have also been warned about scam sites that have been set up to look the same as legitimate sites. Be careful and stick to the bigger, well-known sites.

Online Shopping in Thailand
It's been two years living in Thailand. For a year I lived in Chonburi (Around 2 hours away from Bangkok). While I was in Chonburi I hardly visited Bangkok so I did most of my shopping online. Lazada is the most popular online store. Its reliable, fast and convenient. If I wanted to buy anything and was unsure about the price I would always refer to Lazada so that I could get an idea about the price range. I used Lazada for couple of times and found their service to be above satisfaction. Now I have an account on Lazada and I still prefer this online store for information and other details.
Currently I am in Bangkok and Lazada is even faster here. The delivery is always on time and sometimes I get my delivery before the due dates.

I used Lazada once ,,, positive experience

Not that savvy in online shopping as Lazada is the only website I use when making purchases of certain items online. Never had any problems.