Ordered laptop never received it

I am Marc Heylen, live in Pattaya and have ordered on 14/10/2019 from the German company https://freshlightblue.com/ with adds on Facebook a laptop with Order ID: #4232 described as: [1 Year Warranty] Fingerprint 15.6 Inch 1920*1080P FHD IPS Screen 9th Intel Core i5 Windows 10 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Gaming Laptop Model M123551 for $112 and still did not received this item. The mails and request for information are unanswered. The order document tells me waiting ship. How can I get my money back of the item send to me? Where can I complain for this fraud if they not send the paid item to me? How can we protect ourselves against this kind of frauds. Strange is that they posted on Facebook, that suppose to be secure. If somebody know the answer to this please send me. If you can help me we probably can help more people. Thanks. Marc

The site was registered in July via a name hiding company
It uses an outlook email address
It uses stock images easily available on the web

Fingerprint 15.6 Inch 1920*1080P FHD IPS Screen 9th Intel Core i5 Windows 10 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Gaming Laptop Model M123551 for $112

Scammers work on greed being stronger than common sense

Facebook allows?

Marc, it has only been 3 weeks since you ordered it's not as if it's just down the road if your worried send them a message on facebook as you have their details.

I send them already many messages but never got any answer.

I hate to say it but you will need to go to the back of the line and wait for never coming help from Facebook! Been there done that! When a deal looks to good best to check out everything and everyone

OK understand

If you ordered it online from Germany then 3 weeks delivery would be pretty great unless they sent it by DHL or other courier company. I would wait longer. Also take into account that it might need to be inspected by Thai Customs.

"from the German company https://freshlightblue.com/"

And what exactly makes it german in your simple head, Marc? Companies are not identified by a URL, they usually have some kind of registration number that you can verify on an official site somewhere.  On this site there is no info about the company behind the site. If you click "company address" at the bottom, you're shown an address in China.  :top:

atomheart wrote:

"from the German company https://freshlightblue.com/"

And what exactly makes it german in your simple head, Marc? Companies are not identified by a URL, they usually have some kind of registration number that you can verify on an official site somewhere.  On this site there is no info about the company behind the site. If you click "company address" at the bottom, you're shown an address in China.  :top:

Who isn't searching properly?
As a third dan black belt in Google searching, I can tell you a lot ...

Their number (No country code - working on it) 17376868397
Their email [email protected] (OUTLOOK? OUCH!)
Site registered On 2019-07-18 (Not good)
Registered to a company that hides site details for scammers (Oops)

Their other companies - all new and hidden registrations

shopurch.com
retailreen.com
redbox-shop.com - Nassau City, New Providence, Bahamas (I believe that - not)

Toss in the very low price for the laptop and there is a very limited chance of it ever turning up.

marcinpattaya wrote:

Where can I complain for this fraud if they not send the paid item to me?

Report it to facebook and they'll eventually remove it

marcinpattaya wrote:

How can we protect ourselves against this kind of frauds.

Critical thinking, that starting with wondering why the item is so cheap.

I wouldn't buy a laptop from overseas unless it was from companies like Amazon or the Apple store. I wouldn't even buy one from eBay. Why not? Because I am cautious and do not like to take blind risks. When you buy from Amazon or Apple then you know if anything goes wrong that you are fully covered. But probably my choice would be to buy it at a local store in the nearest IT mall.

High specs gaming Laptop for $112 with free shipping, seriously?!
The only way for you to believe in that is to completely block any kind of rational thinking because you want to belive so much that something that is so good to be truth, it actually is. Just think how much would it cost to ship a laptop overseas, check the actual market price of the product and wonder what rational explanation you could give for that actually not be a fraud.
Anyway, you paid with credit card, so just open a credit card chargeback. If you can't, just forget about the money and learn the lesson. To buy online just always use a payment service that offers buyer protection. If you pay using paypal or credit card that allows you to a chargeback, for example, you are more than safe, even if it is your fault, you will always get your money back, the risk is always on the seller's side. If you do that, your risk is 0%. This includes buying on eBay or any website at all. The important is not the website, but how you pay for it. But in a case like this, even if you use a secure payment, although you would get your money back, since it is obviously fraud, you would be just wasting your time.
And don't even bother to lose time reporting them, they have hundreds of websites, they farm facebook account for this, you will be just wasting your time for nothing.
I do e-commerce and affiliate marketing form more than 10 years, I know what I'm talking about.

Shill88 wrote:

I wouldn't buy a laptop from overseas unless it was from companies like Amazon or the Apple store. I wouldn't even buy one from eBay. Why not? Because I am cautious and do not like to take blind risks. When you buy from Amazon or Apple then you know if anything goes wrong that you are fully covered. But probably my choice would be to buy it at a local store in the nearest IT mall.

When you buy from eBay the only risk you can take is wasting your time if you don't know how to evaluate a seller/product. eBay offers 30 days return and refund policy. If you complain that something is wrong with your product, not only the seller needs to accept the return for a full refund without the buyer provide any proofs, the seller needs to pay the buyer the return shipping costs in advance. If he doesn't, the buyer just gets a full refund without the need to return.

In eBay, the seller can set their own returns policy, number of days that they will accept for the return, who pays the return postage etc. Also, if the seller states that the item was returned damaged (even if it wasn't) then they have no obligation to refund the buyer. But you are right, in general eBay works strongly in favour of the buyer.

Still, i would never ever buy a laptop on eBay.

As to the OP's issue, the good news is that he has only lost $112.

would like to add that
>> AliExpress <<
is offering full buyers protection as well.

Received an item in damaged packaging that, due to rough handling was dented, and did not work. Started the return procedure, the seller replied with some not very adequate offers, and AliExpress repaid the amount incl. shipping in full.

Concerning E-Bay:
bought an item from the States, that was sent to a forwarding company in Florida.
According to their procedures, they opened the package to verify content, in front of running cameras.
Instead of an "as-new" item they found a heavily damaged item, in parts, in the undamaged box. Seller claimed he had sent as-new item. Opened Dispute with E-Bay, and was fully refunded.
(If not for the Photo evidence, and being unpacked in the myUS facility, but sent directly abroad, I think I could have waved good-bye to the money.)

8eV0 wrote:

would like to add that
>> AliExpress <<
is offering full buyers protection as well.

Received an item in damaged packaging that, due to rough handling was dented, and did not work. Started the return procedure, the seller replied with some not very adequate offers, and AliExpress repaid the amount incl. shipping in full.

I had found out that a defective USB socket sometimes pull down the power and the laptop sometimes didn't boot.
I removed this small board for USB, Ethernet and audio and searched for it on the internet.

I found it at AliExpress and ordered this small board for 8 USD and paid with credit card.
Maximum loss was 8 USD and minimum profit about 2000 USD for a new laptop.
After about 2 weeks I received the small board in perfect condition.
I built the small board into my laptop and everything worked perfectly again.

I can therefore recommend AliExpress as well.

By the way, you can also find special computer parts at Lazada. You just have to search for a long time and know how to search.