Online shopping in Cambodia

Hello everyone,

Shopping online can be far more convenient and offer greater choice than going into shops, be it grocery shopping or retail.

Are there options for online shopping in Cambodia? Which sites or apps do you use most frequently and are these local or international?

Are there particular products that are cheaper to buy online or that are perhaps not available in Cambodia?

What is the delivery process like — is it easy to receive deliveries and what are the costs of shipping? Are there any taxes to pay upon receipt?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hi There is one premium online baby shop in Cambodia:  amababyshop.com. Most of the products are famous brands imported from abroad (UK, USA, France, etc.) good quality at reasonable price. They offer free delivery in Central of Phnom penh and some provinces if order more than $20. Very convenient for busy parents, parents-to-be or to avoid busy traffic in town.

I did try it once for a memory stick I could not obtain in the shops. I knew I was taking a risk but the cost was not big, and my suspicions aroused more when the supplier asked to use Western Union, not taking a visa card where of course you do have some customer protection. Needless to say I was scammed. The goods never came. Western Union would take no action, not even to alert its office in China.

So be wary as the offers still appear online when doing searches in Cambodia. The name may change but this is the one they used for me:

Beneficiary: MEILEI CHEN
> First Name: MEILEI
> Last Name: CHEN
> Beneficiary contact detail:
> Address: No 266 Shennan road
> City: Shenzhen
> state:Guangdong
> Country:China
> post code:518000
> Mob:(86)13713702426