Asking a QC job in Viet nam

Whether a foreigner can find a QC job in Viet nam or not ? I only can speak English

I am not sure but it may very well depend on the industry or process that you want to do QC on. I did QC on the bomb clearance for the Nam Con Son gas pipeline some 17 years ago and it was a very difficult job because the clearance organisation had no standards and refused to recognise the UN international standard (IMAS).

Later on I was asked to do QC on bomb clearance  for another project (seismic survey) over the Mekong Delta, but the bomb clearance organisation told me that it was now against the law for a foreigner or foreign company to do QC over a Vietnamese organisation. I never found out out if that was bullish*t or not.

In 2009 I was asked to do QC on the bomb clearance for another seismic survey and this time the clearance organisation had a set of standards, but they were not what I would recognise as safe standards. Again I was told that it was illegal for me to do QC on their work and so I had to have the job title "Customer Satisfaction Survey Officer", rather than UXO Clearance QC Manager.

One of the problems of working in Vietnam is wading your way through the sheer depth of bulls*t that abounds here.

I wonder why the recent interest in QC work in Vietnam by non-speakers of Vietnamese.  It seems to be the flavor of the month. 

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=717052https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=717397

The second link was posted by the same Anthony who testified, as herein, that " I only can speak English and have many experience in QC garments."  He also listed only English on his bio page.  I don't question his experience in the garment industry but I wonder about his being a monolingual English speaker.   :cool:   

"There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear" - Buffalo Springfield.

The phrase "I only can speak English" indicates not a native English speaker.

Ah yes, I see now:

"I'm planning move to Viet nam. But I need a job fisrt. Do anyone can introduce to me. I only can speak English and have many experience in QC garments."

I think that there is less to this than meets the eye.

Hi all,

All of you mean that it's better not come to Vietnam to find a job/ or Viet nam is not a good location ?

Anthony In wrote:

Hi all,

All of you mean that it's better not come to Vietnam to find a job/ or Viet nam is not a good location ?

It is a fine place to come to find a job if you have skills or experience that are not found in Vietnam.  This is why most foreigners find work teaching English which probably would be closed off to you.  I really don't know if you possess skills in QC which Vietnamese can't provide for themselves.  Only you can decide that in the end.

Anthony In wrote:

Hi all,

No I didn't mean that at all. Briefly, check if you have acceptable qualifications and that you will be allowed to do QC as a foreigner in Vietnam.

Hi Thigv,

I can teach English, but I have no experience teaching English before. Most of center in Viet nam need teacher with degree in Teaching. And I aslo haven't/

You have many experienced, can you instruct me ? or introduce to me some places ?
Thank you

Anthony In wrote:

Hi Thigv,

I can teach English, but I have no experience teaching English before. Most of center in Viet nam need teacher with degree in Teaching. And I aslo haven't/

You have many experienced, can you instruct me ? or introduce to me some places ?
Thank you

I will be very honest with you.  I am not one who feels absolutely that only people from the UK, US Canada, NZ or AU should be teaching English.  Some, but clearly not all, nationals of other countries can do a good job.  Unfortunately your grammar and spelling show that you are not even minimally qualified.

@ Anthony:  Please excuse my bluntness, but I don't think you *can* teach English, not when you're not able to write a couple of English sentences correctly. 

Matt and THIGV are gentlemen thus they haven't voiced their unanimous opinion aloud (actually, they have, but you failed to listen).  Since I'm not a gentleman, I'm going to tell you straight: that horse has left the stable the moment people read your attempt in English writing.  Perhaps you *can* speak better than you write, but somehow, I doubt it.

ETA: I posted this comment at the same time as THIGV finally voiced his (still gentlemanly) response.

Anthony, as the others have posted above, your grasp on the English language doesn't seem to be that good. So, it does slightly worry me that you think you'd be able to teach English when your grammar isn't up to scratch.

QC wise, I think you'll need to be able to speak better English. How would you rate your proficiency?

Hi 1312j,

Sorry I can't evaluate until I meet you. Give me your phone , we can discuss this information further more.

Hi,

Thank you. Your view is very interesting. I'd love it. Will thinking it carefully.

This is a bizarre thread, especially with the OP's most recent responses.

Go on, give him your phone number ......   :joking:

Can't evaluate your English proficiency until we meet? Well at least that makes perfect sense.

Once you have managed to string a post together properly, then there may be some chance for you. As of now, I'm afraid you've got no hope.

I would've a beer right now.

Exactly

Troll, troll, go away
DON'T come again another day
No one wants to play

eodmatt wrote:

Go on, give him your phone number ......   :joking:

While you are at it give him your bank account numbers, credit card numbers, social security number (or equivalent) and home address.   :huh:

very funny, right ? This website is created which is aimed to help foreigners when they come strange country  to fall in line with life. But I don't see any help here. Just comment & some tittle-tattles

Anthony In wrote:

very funny, right ? This website is created which is aimed to help foreigners when they come strange country  to fall in line with life. But I don't see any help here. Just comment & some tittle-tattles

Anthony, if you are looking for a job, seriously, you have been given enough advice on this site to allow you to make an informed decision. No one on expat.com is going to answer your request (from someone who is just pixels their screen) with an immediate job offer.

At the top of your screen when you read this post there will be a link called "Jobs". Click on that and have a look for any jobs on offer that suit you and your qualifications.

The upshot of this thread seems to be the OP has little or no chance of work in a QC department and his limited abilities in English closes off any serious chance of becoming an English teacher.

The thread has turned bad so perhaps it's time to close it.

The second thread with no answers was removed a few minutes ago as it was a copy OP so served no purpose for the forum, the members or the OP.

Anthony, it is a place for people to help each other but it depends on what you're asking. You're asking for something that isn't possible because no one here has any connections when it comes to QC roles (or if they have, they haven't spoke up).

A forum is about opinions and just because you don't like the response, you shouldn't throw your toys out the pram.

If you want someone to say to you "Yeah definitely got a QC job for you, send me your details and you can start Monday" then frankly you should ask Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy.

Hello everyone,

I am closing this thread.

@ Anthony In, please drop an advert in the Jobs in Vietnam section along with your resume/cv, you will perhaps get an offer.

all the best,
Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed