Marrying into UAE Military as a foreigner

We have submitted the papers for marraige mid February, so I was wondering and hoping for some opinion on this issue, as now end of September, would be roughly 7 months that we have waiting for an answer.

My biggest concern is, what if they decline it? The man I wish to marry assured me that if they were going to decline it, they wouldve done so almost immediately, but also just waiting with no updates is nerve wrecking.
He has also told me of a man he knows who got married to an Australian, got their approval in 4 months.
My biggest fear is that they will take 6/7 more months.
I am south african, have no direct or otherwise family belonging to any form of police or military, just an ordinary girl who is eager to get married and start a family with the man I love more than life itself.

Im hoping for some views/opinions or similar cases, just to hear whats going on out there, thanks
I know many people are against this, and I respect their views, but only wish that they will try to understand, that this man is my soulmate, and I am his.

Same situation. Did you get an answer?

Hello Fleabag,

Please note that  this is an old thread from 2017. It's been 5 years since the member's last visit.

Feel free to open a new thread on the forum so that active members can guide you.

All the best

Bhavna

@Fleabag22 hiii, currently on same situation, can you message me please? [link moderated] is my email ill give you my number there

@Yonic

please let me know if you were able to find a solution. i am in the same situation.