Sending money home

Hello all
I'm trying  to work out how I'm going to send money to Australia from Cambodia
This will be my first trip/job overseas I have came up with two ideas
1 is open a account over there with two bank card an send 1 home
2 is still open a account there an have half my wagers put in to it the other half into an account here in Australia
So I will still have my partner in Australia with house an normal livin costs
I will be working around Kiriv vong area so would like to work out what I need to do while I'm s I'll in Australia I will be flying into PP an could be a there 1-2 days max
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Assuming you have a job, salary and account in Oz, why not just take your bank card with you and take money from any atm in Cambodia? If you have ANZ there are plenty of offices here of ANZ.

If you want to have control of your account you can take internet banking, based on access from another country. That way you know what happens and can even make payments.

Hi Chappo,

There are outlets of Western Union money transfer here in Phnom Penh. You may avail of their services for a certain fee.

If not, explore the services of worldremit, a secure, affordable and fast money transfer online. https://www.worldremit.com

Hope that helps.

Hi Joe I will be leaving my job here to take a position with a new company over there an will be paid in USD
My bank here can charge up to if not over $30 to use overseas ATMs an do transfers

Hi mate,

Bank and money remittance charges have really become a bitter pill to swallow, especially for us expatriates.   Those in the financial and banking industries are making a milking cow out out of this type of services.  Just imagine $4 charge for a single withdrawal from an ATM machine for a card issued outside of the country! No sweat!

Well, safety, security and convenience these days demand a hefty price tag.  Imagine yourself bringing hundreds or thousands of cold hard cash on your wallet or pocket. That's a recipe for catastrophe.

We just have to get to know our way in the system, so we can find out which services offer low rates.  In this case, Mr. Google can be of help.

Here's hoping you'll find the right answer soon.

3. Switch to a fee-free bank account

If you travel often enough that ATM fees begin to take their toll or you're planning a trip to several countries where each uses its own currency, a bank account with no foreign ATM fees trumps the competition.

Case in point: the Citibank Plus Transaction Account and its companion Visa Debit card, with no monthly account-keeping fees, international ATM withdrawal or international transaction fees.

That gives you the freedom to make as few or as many trips to the ATM as needed throughout your journey without being hit with fees every time – although as with any bank, you're still at the mercy of any transaction fees imposed by the ATM itself.

From this site, an interesting read: https://www.ausbt.com.au/how-to-save-on … h-overseas

Western Union. save all the trouble.

TransferWise should be your answer!

http://www.transferwise.com/

Transferwise is a very good Company and I recommend them. Western Union will sting you on currency exchange rate AND/OR fees.