Moving to krakow

Hi, I'm Guillermo from Colombia

Some few days ago someone from Poland contacted me through linkedin and offered to me a job in Poland. I walked through the interviews and today I got a response, I passed all tests. I'm very happy because is something new for me but I have a fear to face a new adventure. My new job would be to work at Ip company as software engineer in test. The salary is 1000PLN. I'm still considering this opportunity cause I need to see how is living there(food, transport, so on). Also I have a dog and I need to think if it´s a good idea to go with him.

Regards,

If that's a full time salary, it is extremely low for a software engineer!  It would be extremely difficult if not impossible to live alone on that.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Really?

Well, I've found that most of people are around 5000PLN NET. They are giving me it and an opportunity to renegotite this from 3 to 6 months. Also I found that with it should be ok for a single person.

guille191 wrote:

Really?

Well, I've found that most of people are around 5000PLN NET. They are giving me it and an opportunity to renegotite this from 3 to 6 months. Also I found that with it should be ok for a single person.

The average net income in Poland is zl3750.  The minimum salary by law is 2000!  How is it that they are offering you only 1000?  You might want to investigate this further, it doesn't sound good at all from what I'm understanding.

romaniac wrote:
guille191 wrote:

Really?

The average net income in Poland is zl3750.  The minimum salary by law is 2000!  How is it that they are offering you only 1000?  You might want to investigate this further, it doesn't sound good at all from what I'm understanding.

Sorry noticed my mistake. Missed a 0, the offer is 10000PLN. Sorry for the misunderstanding

I made a mistake, missed a 0, the offer is 10000PLN :)

guille191 wrote:

I made a mistake, missed a 0, the offer is 10000PLN :)

Obviously, that entirely changes the situation! :)

Hi,

You are going to be totally fine with 10 000 PLN.