Worst hotel in PP?

Stayed at the H*m*to*n hotel in Phnom Penh last week. Spent 3 nights in a room from hell! The bed was about 30 years old, hard springs around the edge, sagging in the middle, and lumpy everywhere else. Air conditioner was a joke - barely  moved any cool air, took all night to get the room to a comfortable level. No elevator, and the stairs were very long and steep. That was NOT the worst part!
After the second day, I awoke to find bites all over my arms and legs. Thinking that this was nothing worse than mosquito bites, I elected to spend the 3rd night in hell, and got many more bites. Turns out there were bedbugs in the beds! I had at least 30 bites.
For the $20 per night, I could have gotten much better.
Don't ever stay here! It's not worth it to save a few dollars. I'm just glad I didn't bring any guests home with me.

Hello madmax888 ;)

The way you described your experience there made me laugh ;)

Regards

I've traveled extensively over my life, and only 1 other was worse - someone on the staff ripped-off my camera. On the other hand, I didn't get bug bites. Now I use the internet for recommendations, with a grain of salt!

Hi madmax888

Wow, I sincerely hope I will not have to face similar situation as you for my upcoming trip to Phnom Penh in August. ;)

I am still researching for hotels, local tours (Phnom Penh & Siem Reap), etc Would welcome any suggestions, tips and advices.

I hope to meet some locals and expat while in Cambodia.

Cheers,
Chris

I would suggest the Lux Riverside Hotel. It's very close to the river, has lots of restaurants around, bars, etc. Ask for the $30 room rate. THe whole place was recently rebuilt, so much of it should be really nice. For a longer stay, maybe some other Forum posters could help better. I live in Sihanoukville, and I'm not that familiar with PP.

[Modéré: Pas de pub gratuite sur le forum]