Children in Sevilla

We are considering moving to Sevilla for a school year. My children will be in 3rd and 5th grades.  Has anyone done this?  We are open to public schools or private. English, Spanish speaking or both.  I would like to emerse my children in the culture so I would like to find a local school but I am not sure how to go about it. 
Any suggestions or experiences?
Thanks,
Leslie

Hi and welcome to Expat.com Leslie :)

I hope other members will be able to advise you on this particular question.

Wishing you good luck
Armand

I'm also looking into this. Please let me know what you find out. It seems difficult to navigate the school admission process for public school.  I will have a 2nd and 6th grader when we go.

Hi and welcome on the forum smillerhornbeek :)

Armand

Hello Leslie,

I currently send my son to CBS Colegio britanico sevilla, this follows the british curriculum. The have English teachers and the kids go for 1 hour of Spanish lessons a day. We are from UK and only staying a 2-3 years. He is very happy there as met some other british kids.
colegiobs.eu

We sent him initally to Europa international school which they learn a large percentage or their subjects in English primary 3 (year 4 uk)up i think 70% they said. but it is not the british curriculum. I think its just based on it. We decided not to leave him there. He is primary 2 in spain and they did not have many lessons in English. He was in the same English and Spanish class as the Spanish kids. This is also a very long day for them 9:00-17:30
europaschool.org/

Don't know that much about this school. We looked round and it looks great, i think its the british cirriculum. Was not right locatin for us.
stgeorge.es/sevilla/home

These are all in an area called Aljarafe on outskirts of Sevilla. In the city there are some schools but i have no idea about them.

Hope it helps,

Andrea

Hi miastar25,
we are moving to Seville for the start of the 2012-13 school year and were wondering what school to send the kids to.  They do not know Spanish, though will start some classes here before we leave but I doubt they will be fluent so I don't want to put them in a Spanish school to start with.  Did you find that with Europa and Colegio Britanico the children still learn Spanish quickly enough?  Also, could you give me an idea of the fees?  They will be in primary 4, primary 1 and kinder. 
I should have contacted the schools a couple of weeks ago, forgetting they would be shut for summer now! (It's winter in Australia). Thanks!

Hi Bopsty and Miastar25,

I'm moving to Seville, and I was checking for schools for my kids, 7 and 5 years old. I was thinking in the british one as they are english. We have a bad experience with a bilingual private school here in France and we don't want to repeat the experience. This time we will choose first the school and then the house. CBS is the most convenient for us. Are you kids still there? Are they happy with the school?

Thanks!

Chari