Tunisian Healthcare Insurance or Insurance Company for French Expats?

Hi there,

I am a French professional on the move to Tunis where I'm planning to work as a self-employed consultant.

I was thinking of getting an affiliation to the CFE -Caisse des Français de l'étranger-, an (healthcare) insurance company for French expats. But it seems that you're still have to get affiliated to the national healthcare insurance system (when mandatory) of the country you've been living in. 

In that case, what are the benefits of being affiliated to the CFE in addition to the Tunisian healthcare insurance system? Maybe for my stays in France? But even then, wouldn't I be covered by the Tunisian system accordingly to the healthcare insurance convention signed by the two countries? 

I'm looking forward to your advice and insights!
Many thanks and all the best,

Florence

My bad!

Hi Florence
I think you can consult with healthcare insurance before deciding what will do excatly in Tunisia. As far as I know there's convention between the two countries.
Good luck

florence_n wrote:

Hi there,

I am a French professional on the move to Tunis where I'm planning to work as a self-employed consultant.

I was thinking of getting an affiliation to the CFE -Caisse des Français de l'étranger-, an (healthcare) insurance company for French expats. But it seems that you're still have to get affiliated to the national healthcare insurance system (when mandatory) of the country you've been living in. 

In that case, what are the benefits of being affiliated to the CFE in addition to the Tunisian healthcare insurance system? Maybe for my stays in France? But even then, wouldn't I be covered by the Tunisian system accordingly to the healthcare insurance convention signed by the two countries? 

I'm looking forward to your advice and insights!
Many thanks and all the best,

Florence

In order for you to have healthcare cover in Tunisia you must be a Tunisian citizen!  So if you want healthcare private then I suggest that you take an expat cover although these are quite expensive.

Thank you all for your replies and insights!

Have a very nice day.
Cheers,

Florence

Hi Florence ,

Actually , being self employed you won't need any affiliation with an insurance here , it will be up2 you ...however and as an expat I believe that you still can get covered by your own insurance from wherever you are coming from ...
But if you feel like the package doesn't fit you right , you still can check with local companies here such : Star - Komar - Maghribi...) there's a lot .

Best regards

Thank you Walid, it really helps!

Hi
When you come in Tunisia, my freind's wife work in Star or Maghrebia, she can help you.
Good luck