Job seeker

Am Kenyan citizen seeking for any job in norway. Where or how can I start my search?

Maybe you can tell us what you are qualified in? Years of experience? You can also visit the Norway job section of the site.

You can also visit this site for jobs.  https://www.thelocal.no/jobs/

Good Luck

SimCityAT
Expat.com Expert Team

P.S you will need to find a company to sponsor you so you can obtain the correct visa, if you don't have one already.

Do you?

I have worked as a front office assistant and a tea girl too sometimes back,am o level leaver but that doesn't meant am not intelligent . I believe experience and personal portesion is what counts I guess,I have also worked as a waitress In a club n lounge ND currently as a househelp in gulf for two yrs

What you really need is to learn Norwegian.  Without mastering the language, it is difficult for you to find jobs even like waitress or salesperson in small shops.

There are a lot of european immigrants in Norway looking for jobs , thus there is a lot of competition.

@SimCityAT  just following your links there thanks.
How about someone sending invitation for visit visa..will it be easy to apply for a work visa but I entered Norway with visit visa or getting job with that?

Amanijm wrote:

@SimCityAT  just following your links there thanks.
How about someone sending invitation for visit visa..will it be easy to apply for a work visa but I entered Norway with visit visa or getting job with that?

Anyone on Schengen/Tourist visa is not allowed to find or apply for a job while here in Norway accdg to UDI regulations.

do you have a degree?  If yes, you can try to apply skilled worker permit visa.  This type of visa is easy to get and fast as long as you met the necessary education qualification and your pay meets the minimum requirement as skilled worker.

I came to Norway via visit visa (visa free for 90 days) to attend business meeting and then while I was here, I was offered a job in Norway.  After I decided to accept the job, I just went ahead to apply for skilled worker visa while still in Norway.  I got it approved within 10 working days and I started my move.

http://no.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=cf573bd … 277f6b99df

This job is so good but I can't speak Norwegian, only English at the moment. Someone is looking for Job and can speak Norwegian and reference in this link.

Hi, Mamafloyd.

If you are seeking job i Norway, you should start your search at NAV, official job listings.

Rules for working in Norway: UDI