How to save money in Finland

Hello everyone,

Did you plan your budget before your move to Finland? If so, how did you go about it?

How do you save money in your day to day life? Do you find there are any areas where you can't cut costs?

Do you have any tips about saving money in Finland? For example, getting the best deals on accommodation, grocery shopping and dining out, the best value transportation, etc..

Are there any apps or websites that have helped you to save money?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Well it's depends on your needs, and depend also on where do you do your shopping

To be honest, I don't put too much energy into saving money, my plan is to spend money for necessary stuffs. Only, then If I know that I'm going to travel next month & spend more money, so in that ease, I plan before travelling to save money by sticking into a plan that I only spend a certain amount of money every month, but that always doesnt go with the plan.
I guess I mostly spend money on clothes, food & travelling. For food that I only spend a certain amount of money every week & stick to it. ( Making food at home is way cheaper)
For clothes, I always wait till discounts are available, winter clothes are cheaper in summer than in winter, so like that.
In travelling, always book beforehand. Onnisbuses may help you sometime.