Tax Refund check

Was just told by BDO, two branches, that they do not accept U.S. Tax refund checks. How  can that be? If they accept Social Security checks! Both are drawn on the U. S. Treasury. The check is made out to my wife (Filipina) and me.

The Social Security is directly deposited into your bank account.  The same thing can be done with income tax refunds by writing in the bank account info on your tax return, form 1040.  The deposits usually happen within 6 weeks of filing, depending on the time of the year.

ElGatoNegron wrote:

Was just told by BDO, two branches, that they do not accept U.S. Tax refund checks. How  can that be? If they accept Social Security checks! Both are drawn on the U. S. Treasury. The check is made out to my wife (Filipina) and me.

The same happened to me last year. Finally, I had to send my check (signed) bycourier to friends who deposited our check into my account.

I was told by IRS they do not direct deposit when there is a foreign address on the tax form. The automatically mail them.

I was told by BDO they accept direct SS direct deposits (electronic) not paper checks, which can be duplicated.

My U.S. bank branch (Bank of America) tried to protest because my wife's name is not on my account. Though they relented. Thanks to my friends.

Good luck
Wayne

I have the same problem.......I do have a Citibank account in the States......I hate to spend all the money by Fed Express to send the check to Citibank (Henderson NV) I can't deposit or cash the check at BDO and Citibank Philippines said if I open an account, after jumping through multiple hoops I still could not link the two accounts.

Another possibility or two: I have linked US bank and BPI to a couple of different international transfer groups. Usually you can send USD to Filipino USD account like we have at BPi or they will convert your USD to peso and send to a peso account.  They have a fee put considering all it seems pretty cheap.  Second keep a legal US address makes things easier for ACH and auto deposit.