How do you invest in Vietnam real estate?

Hello,

i know, a few of you are going to laugh. I don't care...
Important for me is to share this information and to see what we can positively do about the situation.

Global pin book situation in Thu Thiem, District 2 Saigon:
No new owner in Thu Thiem has obtained the pin book up to date.
In New City, I've been here for almost a year ... The sales manager in New City tells me that it is because of the government and that there is still at least 2 years before having a chance to get it...

What do you think ?

what is the Global Pin Book.  excuse my ignorance as i have just started investing in korea under my wife's nane so there are no tax consequences for me here in the US....Any assistance ir education in the matter of real estate investing in Vietnam would be most helpful as i know its a real estate widl fire there!  i dont understand hos tgey xan continue selling 100-225 sq meter apt for $300to 500k where i can but a oretty nice house in the US for that or in Thailand or the Phillipines...any rhyme or reason for this??

ltcjackwatson :

...any rhyme or reason for this??

No.   :huh:

ltcjackwatson :

what is the Global Pin Book.  excuse my ignorance as i have just started investing in korea under my wife's nane so there are no tax consequences for me here in the US....Any assistance ir education in the matter of real estate investing in Vietnam would be most helpful as i know its a real estate widl fire there!  i dont understand hos tgey xan continue selling 100-225 sq meter apt for $300to 500k where i can but a oretty nice house in the US for that or in Thailand or the Phillipines...any rhyme or reason for this??

It's called a pink book, its shows all the relevant information for the property and zoning of the property. If you have an existing pink book you can ask for a higher price due to its legal status. Many places here have no book as the government is dead lazy when it comes to paperwork.

DELAFON :

Hello,

i know, a few of you are going to laugh. I don't care...
Important for me is to share this information and to see what we can positively do about the situation.

Global pin book situation in Thu Thiem, District 2 Saigon:
No new owner in Thu Thiem has obtained the pin book up to date.
In New City, I've been here for almost a year ... The sales manager in New City tells me that it is because of the government and that there is still at least 2 years before having a chance to get it...

What do you think ?

I think there was a Vietnam Real Estate expert posting on here recently.

You might ask him.

Oh, wait...

😉