How do you invest in Vietnam real estate?

THIGV :
CoderX10 :

Yea, that VinGroup project in D4 is going to be awhile. Its currently still being partially used as a shipyard.

Shipyard?
Consider the possibility of toxic or even carcinogenic materials in the soil.  :(

Actually, its more of a port than a shipyard. Its the last port in core HCMC but it is not in full operation. The government wants to relocate all ports in HCMC to Cat Lai as they recognize that its adding more pressure on traffic from container trucks. No worries though, VinGroup has experience in this arena as their other developments such as VinHome Central Park and Golden River are located on former government ports. VinGroup, to me, has first right of refusal for any major government land for sale as the chairman is well connected to the north and has all the money in the world.

CoderX10 :
THIGV :
CoderX10 :

Yea, that VinGroup project in D4 is going to be awhile. Its currently still being partially used as a shipyard.

Shipyard?
Consider the possibility of toxic or even carcinogenic materials in the soil.  :(

Actually, its more of a port than a shipyard. Its the last port in core HCMC but it is not in full operation. The government wants to relocate all ports in HCMC to Cat Lai as they recognize that its adding more pressure on traffic from container trucks. No worries though, VinGroup has experience in this arena as their other developments such as VinHome Central Park and Golden River are located on former government ports. VinGroup, to me, has first right of refusal for any major government land for sale as the chairman is well connected to the north and has all the money in the world.

He got very wealthy due to his connections. Vingroup seems to want to take over VN.

colinoscapee :

He got very wealthy due to his connections. Vingroup seems to want to take over VN.

According to Forbes 2019 Billionaire List, his assets of $6.6 billions ranks him as 239th richest person in the world, passing 700+ other billionaires since 2013, the first year he was mentioned by Forbes.  At $2.3 Billions, the owner of Vietjet holds the 1008th slot.

Ciambella :
colinoscapee :

According to Forbes 2019 Billionaire List, his assets of $6.6 billions ranks him as 239th richest person in the world, passing 700+ other billionaires since 2013, the first year he was mentioned by Forbes.  At $2.3 Billions, his wife, owner of Vietjet, holds the 1008th slot.

I think you will find the owner of Vietjet is not his wife. Vietjet owners name is Nguyễn Thị Phương Thảo, she also owns HD Bank and Dragon Capital.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nguy%E1 … %E1%BA%A3o

Yes, I realized the mistake, correcting it at the same time you posted.

His wife's assets on record is $700M, she'll need another $300M before reaching the last slot on the billionaire list

CoderX10 :
THIGV :
CoderX10 :

Shipyard?

My mistake, saigon pearl is that other
development by another company. Theres icon56, which they sold as a river view roof top pool, then I was like... what are you building next door and how many floors is it? Think it was two higher than the roof top of icon 56. They then Moved on to tressor and its river views but stayed very quiet about what was happening next door, that was going to be latest and greatest river view popping up from them whilst failing to mention what vinhomes are planning to do.

I overlayed the map (which was probably inaccurate but the road matched)  from vinhomes onto google maps and worked out what part of the river can be seen from that last novaland project going up...royale park? You will only be able to see above the ho chi minh museum which I assume even the greedy government officials would never demolish to sell to vingroup. To the left is that ghost of a shell incompete building. I find it funny they tried to sell you on the river views of each of the apartment buildings going up whilst also building next door knowing they would be covering it. That canal outside is no river.

If they ever begin work and begin selling units along the d4 river front, that’s where I’m buying.

Thanks for the fix.

Because the development is a semicircle, It’s one of only 4 units that can see it all year round.

Great tool for photographers if you need to work out positions of sunsets.

http://suncalc.net/#/50.8684,-1.4027,10 … 7.12/08:08

THIGV :
MarcoD22 :

[at]THIGV and [at]Codex

Your account has been disabled. The ban expires on 2019-07-10.

It looks like the ban was rather short and is obviously over.  Why sweat it?

in a case like this, a PM to one of the moderators will probably be more productive than an open message.

Hi THIGV

What kind of forum is that?

I did as you say. I start chatting with a moderator who tells me I must fill a form. So, a couple of days ago, I fill a form. No answer so far.........
Do they ever answer one day???????

MarcoD22 :
THIGV :
MarcoD22 :

[at]THIGV and [at]Codex

Your account has been disabled. The ban expires on 2019-07-10.

in a case like this, a PM to one of the moderators will probably be more productive than an open message.

Hi THIGV

I did as you say. I start chatting with a moderator who tells me I must fill a form. So, a couple of days ago, I fill a form. No answer so far.........

Still no answer from moderation, I am a patient person. Take your time.

MarcoD22 :
MarcoD22 :
THIGV :

Hi THIGV

Still no answer from moderation, I am a patient person. Take your time.

Seeing as it was the weekend, dont expect a reply till today or the next few days.

Perhaps you should refocus yourself on substantive questions and drop the procedural questions.  Please do not consider this a threat as I am in no position to do so.  It is just my opinion and advice.  You are not banned, leave it at that.  On other forums, publicly questioning the moderators, even once, will result in an instant permanent ban.  This place is actually rather tolerant by comparison.

[at]MarcoD22:  Gobot has discovered the reason for your PAST problem (past, as the ban was temporary, has expired 5 days ago, and does not affect your present posts.) 

Please read the other thread where you also brought up this issue.