..mmm.. money issues..

hi to all,
just wanna find out smthing... how do u guys bring ur savings back home?? there is this regulation tat no one is supposed to bring more than $7k out at one time... seems like the customs ARE tightening their checks... dun want to use remittence service either... seems like most global banks here cant link home accounts with their branches here... wat to do??

Hello yyk!

I hope that other members will advise you soon.

Harmonie.:)

Hi yyk, when I went to HSBC to inquire, they said if I opened an account with them, I could wire funds back and forth from my bank account back home in America. I didn't open one because most of my salary is directly deposited into my bank account from my employer back home anyways, so there wasn't a huge need, but I wanted to know what my options were nonetheless. Have you tried going to them?

thx, i've checked w other banks but not hsbc yet. thx for the info. i'll chk it out.

I've sent money back to NZ through ANZ - I had to bring my work contract and payslips (and of course all the bank details I was sending to).

A friend of mine opened an account in ACB Visa Card under her name.She sent the card to her sister abroad and her sister withdraws money from their country and deposit it on her saving account. If you use WU, they will ask you for work permit, payslip, blue card or non residence card and company contract.Western Union will determine how much you can send by looking at how much you earned for that month.If I'm not mistaken, they will only allow you to send 70% of your income.

I bank with HSBC. Have not had a problem wiring money from US from BofA account to here. There's just a fee to it and its not much.

HSBC also gives you an option of having a USD account here in Vietnam. It allows you to withdraw US Dollars at the HSBC bank (not ATM). Just an fyi if you wanted USD from your bank instead of VND (Vietnamese Dong.)

@Phi Long, I tred to do the same thing a few years ago from my account with BoA to first with VCB and then tried to the account I have with ANZ. Got a no go from BoA both times. Scrached my head, then took a look at your profile. Does your account with BoA show you live in the US? I changed mine to our Vietnam address when we retired over here about 5 years ago. Indicators are that's what the problem was.

Yes my account is still at my home in the US. I never changed it since it is still my primary resident.

I also have internet banking with my account. So I did that online and it worked fine for me.

Words of advice if you don't mind. Keep that address guy. I'm sure it would have worked with me also, if it wasn't for my address. I agree, on-line banking over here is the only way to go.