Teaching in Saigon-Australian international school/RMIT

Hi all,

I am contemplating of moving to Saigon for a teaching position in 2018 at an international school, preferably an Australian International school. I am currently employed full time at a school in Australia and also completing a Master of Teaching (Sec). I also have a degree in electrical engineering. I have three years of experience working in a Prep-12 school, and one year experience of leading the Maths department. What are my prospects in terms of working at a relatively good international school in HCMc teaching Maths? When would be a good time to start applying?

My other option would be to apply for RMIT; either teaching English or doing Admin.
Your advice would be much appreciated

Cheers

If you are qualified and experienced to teach Maths then the world is your oyster.

Working at RMIT is far from the best possible job with respect to salary and benefits if you are a licenced, experienced teacher especially Maths.

You need to find a board (maybe in Australia) that caters to licenced teachers.

4 or 5 thou a month, paid accommodation, paid flights and medical benefits for you and your dependants (living with you), maybe a paid flight home at Christmas and more. Resigning bonus.

Thank you for your reply.