Women be Careful who you meet in Dubai

I met a friend the other day and she told me about some bad experiences she has had due to meeting people from this site.

There are alot of men seeking women for sexual pleaseur and many are willing to use force or offer money ( gifts ).

Honestly it is diffucult to meet decent people through the net, and many take advantage of our loneliness and being away from our homeland.

Many asian ( indians/paki/afghan/pinoy ) men are ruthless here, especially since they form such a big community they leverage their presence upon others.

So ladies, please keep safe and be very careful before meeeting men on the street just after "meeting them" online, especially in Dubai.

Soon me and my husband will leave from here cause it is certainely not what we expected.

This is true with all the nationalities including spanish, russians and germans. I have my self experienced this not through this but a different one

First off, its true that there are a lot of creeps in Dubai. I mean come on, this city out number men to women by 8:1. However, i think its just foolish to put every guy in the same category.
In my experience expat women in this country is very defensive, cant blame them, some are all alone with family ; just friends to rely on. However, after being totally and absolutely platonic towards them they still keep their distance from me. What really surprise me is that they end up going out with some wolf.     

Second, i think this goes for any person in any country, you don't meet other individual via email...its best to go to events and meet people through introduction by another friend in a crowd.

Hi,

There are lot of incidents like this. I am sorry in behalf of all the expatriate indians who work here. Every place, every country there are people who are different from the rest of others. Not everyone is bad.

Anyways hope everything is ok with your friend. Give my regards and my above message.

Thanks

Arun

so the moral being------ Never ever meet any 'new friend'alone. always make it to an event first  and always have a pepper spray in ur bag :)

thank you for the post jarhead..i think ur friend should report it to the authorities .

just to give you an idea, to all those out there, these sources are from the Gulf Times newspaper:

last saturday an indian offered an ethopian woman a ride to the Dubai Mall, on the way there he attempted to rape her.

a srilanki tricked his sister to come here and work as a sales clerk in a clothing store, once she arrived she was abused by his friends, locked in an apartment and forced into prostitution by her brother.

another pakistani man ( bus driver )was arrested on charges of child molesting an 8 year old emirati girl on the school bus for the past 2 years, threatening to tell her parents if she told them.

srilanki man was arrested for groping an egyptian woman on the elevator, and pointing a knife to her throat in an attempt to rape her.

a pakistani taxi driver drove a phillipino lady to an isolated area with the excuse of taking a short-cut, and was raped at their camp by other indian/paki/bengali etc. drivers for 7 hours, alcohol was also found on the premisis/camp.

and the list goes on.

an

Jarhead seems to be a highly biased person who doesnt have any clue on whats happening around the world. When I replied to her in private she replied back saying " get lost" and blocked me.She told me she read in the newspaper. I think reading newspaper is not doing any good to her thought process which is unfortunately so narrow.
Anyways what I wanted to tell her was all these incidents have got nothing to do with nationalities. It depends upon the upbringing of an individual.

I am giving you all some date below esp for ppl like Jarhead

AMERICAN RAPE STATISTICS

Somewhere in America, a woman is raped every 2 minutes, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.[/b][/i] Approximately 28% of victims are raped by husbands or boyfriends, 35% by acquaintances, and 5% by other relatives. (Violence against Women, Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. Dept. of Justice, 1994)[/large][/large]

Happy Reading Jarhead

Hey speedandsimple, Calm down ... But I agree with you, crimes got nothing to do with nationalities!

CALM DOWN GUYS, NOTHING DO WITH NATIONALITIES.
TREAT PEOPLE AROUND AS HUMANS-RESPECT EVERYONE!
ARUN

I too have been victim to this on this site.
I wish I could mention names but men out there are using this site as getting "free sex" site. Not saying all of you guys. Some nice guys out there I am sure. But please listen to our caution as we have to protect ourselves
I have become very careful of who I  meet and when.
I was very innocent until I experienced some horrible experiences.

Clare

And you wouldn't believe all the messages that I get from blokes....

And I am a bloke! :lol::lol::lol:

clare, please send me a pm with the names

i do not agree fully.  If the womwn are careful no man in this country can force himself.  All you need to do be cautious and just do not hurry in trusting people.

Clare, I am sorry to hear that you have been a victim. I have met lots of wonderful people from this website and must say that not everyone is strange. However I don't give out my number to random guys and this has always worked out especially the over enthusiastic ones.. :P

Things can go wrong anywhere so just be careful out there ladies. Make most use of your pepper spray, high heels etc :D
Sad to see the comments pointing out the nationalities.

Of course it is scary and totally unsafe when a woman takes home a man she just met online or get into his car ..
If you are looking for a good relationship , then do it the right way , go to public places , do not get into his car , do not take him home or go to his place , every woman knows this so blame only yourself if you put yourself in a situation !!

I have been living in Dubai for 2 years now and I would say it is a safe place for single women.
I met many garbage men online but i also have very few friends with whom am safe and happy .

Iranian and Turkish are generally good male friends, I always enjoy their company.
Most of Arabs are fun as well.. Depends on what you prefer.

beverley wrote:

Having read this lines can't help but wonder whether I'll be able to live in this country. After 3 weeks in Dubai I came to the conclusion that it's hard to find decent friends here - now I assume it's hardly possible.

its not that bad bev , we all suffered at the beggining , its a matter of time till you find decent ppl .
it took me like 6 months to start findinig friends , i met alot of wierdos and sick ppl ,  now after 2 years in dubai i have like 5 or 6 friends which are more than enough !!

so just take your time .

It's surprising to see this kind of bigotry go unchallenged. If only you read the papers more regularly, and not just quoted statistics out of context, you'd know what I mean.

The papers are full of prevalent obesity in America. However, I don't assume that every American guy I meet will be fat! But since you like statistics and newspaper articles so much, why don't you try out this little exercise? Find a newspaper article that says looking for 'friends' online is the safest thing in the world, be it for any country in the world.

Just to be clear, I'm not condoning anything in any way. It's unfortunate that these things happen. But your brilliant deduction isn't helping anything in any way. It's offensive, and quite honestly, unimaginably stupid.

shailalone wrote:

Things can go wrong anywhere so just be careful out there ladies. Make most use of your pepper spray, high heels etc :D
Sad to see the comments pointing out the nationalities.

well put :)

Been living in dubai for almost 3 years now. Every time i walk on the streets even, I don't feel free. I know there are insincere people all over the world. However, tho i have lived in few parts of the world, I have never experienced what I am experiencing now in Dubai. Going out is stressful and you have to be very careful. I have been stalked so many times and few times been harassed by taxi drivers (one even touched my legs). I reported him to the police tho. And yes, it is very hard to meet  sincere people in dubai, even friends. Have met a few decent people off net and still friends but i must admit a few were wolves in sheep's clothing :). Meeting people off the internet can be risky. You just have to trust your instincts and meet in public areas.

It is not only in dubai.... it would happen where ever this type of situation would be... thousands of expats are here from all over the world to earn money... living alone.. far away from their women... they are helpless .. they would do it ... its a need

First of all i am sorry to all the ladies behalf of the quoter!
Faraz- living alone, far from their woman, everyone needs a partner and even sex, but it doesn't mean that cheat a woman or force her to do something against her will...For that there are lot of pros in UAE and you can find in a lot of bars/discotheques. Pay and use them if a guy like you or anyone who can't resist.

I never written myself or read anywhere as below from a man, change your outlook Faraz towards woman!

Thanks
Arun

farazmasab wrote:

It is not only in dubai.... it would happen where ever this type of situation would be... thousands of expats are here from all over the world to earn money... living alone.. far away from their women... they are helpless .. they would do it ... its a need

I respect woman alot... it was not needed to be personalized... you are talking on the top of something...if you go deep you will find some bitter ground realities.. there is big number or majority you can say.. who have difficulties to fulfil their primary needs.. you are talking about bars and pros... even they cant buy good food for them.... take a survey... look around you... it is a fact which you cant deny... not everyone is such literated or Civilized as you are.. constraints in resouces is the cause which lead you to crimes...

No Comments!
Its not your mistake...
Thanks
ArUN

farazmasab wrote:

I respect woman alot... it was not needed to be personalized... you are talking on the top of something...if you go deep you will find some bitter ground realities.. there is big number or majority you can say.. who have difficulties to fulfil their primary needs.. you are talking about bars and pros... even they cant buy good food for them.... take a survey... look around you... it is a fact which you cant deny... not everyone is such literated or Civilized as you are.. constraints in resouces is the cause which lead you to crimes...

Dear Arun... what I see in you that you have no respect for women.... because you have classified and brought a term in your reply " Pros ".... are they not human? instead of recommending pros like a medicine you must oppose human traficking.... because " Pros " is also a human... having feelings like us

I dont want anything wrong in this world... problems could not be resolved unless identified practically, optimistically.... think about everyone not only for you... i am married...blessed with everything from Al Mighty God... It was not for me it was general that you are avoiding

Alo :)

Very insightful posts I might say ! I agree that we shoudl nto generalise as I have met weirdos in all naiionalities including my home country .
I have been in Dubai for 6 months and it has been quite a whirlwind thus far . I am homesick at least 2 times a day ! But tats the norm right - I appreciate my friends and family so much more now ,now that I knwo that "reallsincere"people are rare gems !
So maybe I can share a few tips based on my experiences !
Dont be too friendly when meeting anyone male or female for the first time ,be observent and trust your gut
LADIES why give your number to everyone you meet - take their numbers and that way you can actually decide if you really have a need to call the person
Dont get into strangers cars !!!! didnt we learn that at the age of 5 ????
Dont get into situations where you dont have transport home !
If you meeting someone for the first time make sure its in a public environment
Be vague ! Dont tell people exactly where you live !
PEOPLE DO SPIKE DRINKS IN DUBAI !!!  be careful when goin to nightclubs ,dont leave your drinks unattended - please !
Be careful when accepting drinks from starngers just know that it might not be a kind gesture ,dont be fooled and naiieve !

Lastly the world is full of weirdos but we all have to be alret and observant ,yes Dubai is "safer"than most places but that does not mean we must let our guard down !

There are genuine trustworthy people in Dubai ,but remember to trust your insticts above anyone elses your gut will never let you down !

Chin up poeple ! Things could be far worse ,we could be living in Japan ,lets not loose sight of our blessings in life !

hi there!
I've met 2 sweethearts here, just love them both!
Strange post though. Makes you aware of bad things as well.

Scary.

Dubai is a city with no heart so do not trust any one except your instincts. It all depends in which community you live in. I reckon if you are earning at least 30-40k a month and living in decent family type communities you shouldnt worry too much.

Dubai is a city with no heart so do not trust any one except your instincts.
WELL SAID!!! WELL SAID!!

@jarhead: maybe my post is a bit late, but commonsense is needed in all cities. Dubai is not particularly different.
However, please check the statistics and you will find that Dubai is one of the safest places to live in.

you know after all in every place in the world there is the bad and the good, and believe me when I say the good guys are more here ;)

cheers

Bill

Guys I am a local and this is my first post in this website,,,

hope my experience from the localised community side will help each other in getting to know each other much closer than before,,,

ok now this post has pulled my attention as I see most of you guys are coming from different background and experiences...

as a uae local I see that nationalities is not the point of all the incidents,, the main point is the educational standard of the people who do these crimes,, as you see you wont find stupid people unless you live near them and face them on day to day basis,,, in dubai and specially in UAE educational standards of the labours are very very low, and the ones with high qualification standards stand at the top of the community level with the highest respects and attitude,,,

guys just put this in your mind... if u r in any arab country,,,, sex is prohibited to be exposed on the streets and hence the men get to look for it in anyway they seem find it possible to reach with doing all types of crazy stuff,,, and do also know that alchohol is a major problem to push these crimes to their limits and lack of self restness from day to day job is driving them mad....

so keep your distances away from being alone with any guy,,, either in an elevator,,, changing room taxi whatever,,, just make a double check on the considerable chances of where things might get wrong and try to avoid them before they happen,,,

accept my best regards,,,

tariq

hi..i do agree that there are creepy men on streets but lets not blame all men in dubai bcos of these few...there are sincere ppl around who look for friendship...i feel that if women draw a line in thier activities, they will face lesser problems on streets... but i can still assure u ladies that dubai is one of the safest places for women..regards to all

Why you want to meet an unknown person just after spending couple of hours with them online? When you opt to meet a new guy in Dubai always go with some friends or choose an area where you feel comfortable. At the first time if you choose to meet them in private places, of course you are creating a wrong atmosphere there and after something happens wrong, how can you blame only the guy or judge all other people in this Country?

I'm not justifying the guys in Dubai, As Jarhead mentioned there are a lot of men seeking women only for sexual pleasure, and even I found lots of guys using female ids. Always share the personal information only with well-known peoples. Only we have the right to choose our friends. Always remember “a thread cannot pass through a rotating needle”
Cheers .. Enjoy every moment Dubai

Interesting and very helpful topic!!
Thank you all!!

I cant say you are 100% right

ohh GOSH,Really i shocked and i done belive all that in UAE i think it safe ad good country like Europe but i dont belive all this shit is there,so i have to tink many times before i relocate there
cheers

farsight13 wrote:

First off, its true that there are a lot of creeps in Dubai. I mean come on, this city out number men to women by 8:1. However, i think its just foolish to put every guy in the same category.
In my experience expat women in this country is very defensive, cant blame them, some are all alone with family ; just friends to rely on. However, after being totally and absolutely platonic towards them they still keep their distance from me. What really surprise me is that they end up going out with some wolf.     

Second, i think this goes for any person in any country, you don't meet other individual via email...its best to go to events and meet people through introduction by another friend in a crowd.

i totally agree with you :)

Jarhead wrote:

I met a friend the other day and she told me about some bad experiences she has had due to meeting people from this site.

There are alot of men seeking women for sexual pleaseur and many are willing to use force or offer money ( gifts ).

Honestly it is diffucult to meet decent people through the net, and many take advantage of our loneliness and being away from our homeland.

Many asian ( indians/paki/afghan/pinoy ) men are ruthless here, especially since they form such a big community they leverage their presence upon others.

So ladies, please keep safe and be very careful before meeeting men on the street just after "meeting them" online, especially in Dubai.

Soon me and my husband will leave from here cause it is certainely not what we expected.

well i am thinking to come again but am just afraid my future wife will face harassment or even any kind of teasing here .......so any advice (she is russian and cant communicate with Arab people ) but good in english as we r living in Cairo and she faces a lot of harassment here too :/