Dutch people who want to move to London or already live there

Hi,

I want to move to London and would like to get in touch with other people who would like to do the same or have done it.

Any information is good! :)

X Dani

Hi Dani, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope you get lot of new contacts on the site. Do not hesitate to ask your questions on the forum.

I wish you good luck
Christine

Thanks!

Hi Dani.

I'm Barth, Belgian, 23 and I'm living in London for the moment (and working as well).

When do you come in London? Do you have a plan? (Job? Study? Rent a flat?Host family?...)

Hi Barth,

Thanks for responding!

I'm planning to be there next year. Hopefully around April or even before that. I'm planning to rent a flat or a room. I'm hoping to make contacts in London by travelling to the capital a lot! (I'll be there next weekend, 18th-20th).

Don't know about the job yet. It's hard to arrange a job from Holland. For most jobs you actually have to live in the UK.

X D

In order words: it all depends on how lucky I am, I guess :D

I would go tomorrow if I could.

Hi Dani,

And luck with your plans to go to England?

I am from the Netherlands and wish to go to England as well. Just have to prepair some administration work and then I am off.

Regards,

Zarah

Hi Zarah,

Not so lucky now. Need a job and a place to stay... Not to demanding :-P

I'm really jumping to go! So if you need a roommate hahahaha. Luckily I am going to London in June (just a weekend)... That will have to do for now. I don't like being unprepared and just go to England on a whim. Right now I am saving up for it, so I hope to be gone within a couple of months. But like I've said already: I would go tomorrow if I could!

But you are leaving soon? JEALOUS!!! :D Where are you going to?

Hope to hear from you soon!

X Dani

[Moderated: Please post an ad in Jobs section]

Hi Dani,

My husband, 3 year old son and I just moved to West London 2,5 months ago. Let me know if you need info, ok?
I wish you good luck with the job hunt. You'll need a good one because rent is not cheap!

Hi

I am not going anymore.

My life is too good here in Holland!! :D
I won't have the same job or income in England, so I have let it go (for now).

Thanks for offering, though! How's London?

Dani

London is great, but expensive. Luckily my husband has a good income.

You made the right choice. You can't jump into being an expat. The moment (and the money) has to be just right for you. When in (too much) doubt it is better to wait or cancel.

And it is very hard to find better than Holland, don't forget that.

Yes, you are right.

When you're young, the grass is always greener!
Thankfully, I realised what I had before making any rash decisions.
Holland's great!