Moving to greater London - Good places to live (West)?

Hello,

I will be moving from Belgium to the UK in the upcoming months. I now need to determine exactly where to live.
I will be working in the Buckinghamshire area, but am expecting to live in greater London (not the centre) [An advice I got].

I'm considering areas like Chiswick, Brentford, Twickenham, Hammersmith, Acton and Ealing.

I would really appreciate some feedback that can help me decide on where to live? What are the positive and negative aspects of living in these areas? How is the social life? [I'm a young professional, no family, interest in f.e. sports & meeting (international) people]? How safe is it? How bad is traffic?
I've got an idea on rent prices.

Thank you very much

Regards

Kristof

Where in Buckinghamshire will you be working?  I'm not sure if the advice you recieved about living in West London whilst working in Bucks is really the best unless you're a fan of rather long commutes.  Just as an example, it will take you a good two hours on a train from Twickenham to High Wycombe.

That being said, average rent for Twickenham is around £1000+/mo for a one bedroom flat.
beyondthequeen.blogspot.com

I will be working in Marlow.
About the commute, I would not use public transport, but go by car.

Chiswick is nice, but a bit sleepy. It is nicer than Hammersmith and WAY nicer than Ealing.

Notting Hill, Primrose Hill, Sloane Square, South Kensington are all nice areas too.

Good luck!

You need to be close to the M4 (Motorway).

Do you really need to live in London? It is cheaper if you move out a bit and still perfectly commutable for days/evenings out. You have plenty of loca areas with reasonable transport and town centres, although a descent club may need a little futher travel. Burnham, Maidenhead, Slough, Wycombe, Cippenham, Taplow and more all at the edges of Marlow (quite a small place itself)

Traffic is good for themost part of the day with the exception of rush hours am and pm. But plenty of bus and train links. Lots of sport out that way too, don't know bout marlow but there is a rugby club in taplow which is 15mins away. Also is dorney lake for rowing, athletics tracks are not too far - plenty of gym/sports centres for swimming boxing and so on ...

I would go for leafy Ealing.. there's lots of good restaurants and takeaways around.