Moving to London with family

My husband and I have been offered jobs in the Hackney area.  We have been told that it is not necessarily a desireable area in which to live.  We would like suggestions regarding areas to explore which would be a fairly easy commute to Hackney (I know, tough already!) and would have decent schools for my 8 and 11 year old children.  Any suggestions would be welcome!

Have you considered Angel (Islington)? You could literally walk to Hackney form there depending on which part of Hackney you're in.

As for schools, I heard that there are pretty decent schools in Wimbledon area... though that's a bit too far from Hackney. That said, a pal of mine travels to work from there to Liverpool Street daily. Takes him about an hour or so from door to door.

I work for a serviced apartment company and will be able to help with temporary accommodation untill you find somewhere more permenent for you and your family, basically same as a hotel with the benefits of a apartment.

If i can help let me know.

hola soy de mexico y quisiera irme a vivir a londres por un tiempo pero no ce que se necesita, a donde llegar, espero q alguien latino lea esto y me ayude gracias

I am a relocation professional and would be happy to offer you as much advice as you need.

It all depends on what your budget is and what size property you are looking for. Islington and Angel are possibly your nearest areas that you could consider and would be within walking distance of Hackney (depending on where your office is).But if your budget is not sufficient or you want more for your money then you will have to look at a 30 mins commute or more to get a good family area with a good schools

are you looking at Private or Government Schools?

Louise

I can help you with your actual house move, if you wish get in touch with me.