Hi All,

New to this forum :) This is my 2nd year teaching at a university in Riyadh. I've met some great people, done some fun things too - now looking to widen my social circle, always interested to hear of new events,social stuff, places to visit etc.

Any  new teachers coming to Riyadh - feel free to get in touch - whatever info you need that may help in your move to Riyadh let me know I can help!

:lol:

Welcome on board steelydankatie ;)

I have moved your discussion to Riyadh forum for effective networking. Do not hesitate to participate & contribute in other discussions of Riyadh forum! I hope you will establish lot of contacts via our web community.

Regards

Welcome to the forum!
And jump into any of the discussions going on!

Thanks-looking forward to contributing to what looks like a fun and informative forum.....!

Welcome and enjoy your stay here....cheers...

Welcome, is the username any reference to a certain band? :D

Hi Steelydankatie,
Its nice to virtually meet you. How do you like teaching in Riyadh, and do you work at a female univeristy? I ask because I would like to teach at the university level as well however I have not yet completed my masters degree and to be honest I havent checked the requirements either, so Im not sure if they will even give me a job. I am fluent in both Arabic & English.

Anyway, it seems you are enjoying life here so far. Are you living in Riyadh alone? My husband and I recently moved here from the U.S and it has been a transition! We as well are looking to widen our social circle. I miss having foreign friends....so i would love to meet others who speak English! We would love couple hangouts so we have to keep in touch and maybe we can meet at a mall one day :)
Take care,
-Sahar